real time web analytics
Report - - Dinorwic Quarry (Picture Heavy), North Wales, September 2020 | Mines and Quarries | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dinorwic Quarry (Picture Heavy), North Wales, September 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
That's incredible. Really inspiring collection of photos, I'd be packing my bag to go check it out myself right now if I didn't have prior engagements!

saaben

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Hughie D,
My pal and I are planning to visit Dinorwic in June.
Could you please advise on how to get up to Australia level. I have been through the tunnel accessed from the public footpath near the A5 incline but my lady is not up to the climbing.
if you walk along the public footpath to the far end there seems to be an incline that takes you all the way to Australia levsl .
Is this a good way or not ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
ben.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thank you, HughieD
Really enjoyed reading your reports. It'll be an amazing trip I'm sure.
Ben.
No problem Ben. Can't go wrong at Dinorwic. Amazing place. Just mind the drops and the psycho-goats.

saaben

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No problem Ben. Can't go wrong at Dinorwic. Amazing place. Just mind the drops and the psycho-goats.
Thanks again HughieD.
I think I have my inclines mixed up A5,6,7. We walked in from Deiniolen, the viewing platform was to the right, we tuned left and hopped over the gate and the path led up to the tunnel.
We go in three weeks so I’m doing a lot of research. Three day stay so doing Maenofferen, Dinorwic and hopefully the ex bomb depot at Llanberis. I did Dinorwic about 4yr ago but didn’t get up to Aus level. Last July visited Maenoffern in the evening , not a cloud in the sky it was amazing. My pal‘s never been so I think he will be astounded at the sights.

Thanks again,

Ben.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks again HughieD.
I think I have my inclines mixed up A5,6,7. We walked in from Deiniolen, the viewing platform was to the right, we tuned left and hopped over the gate and the path led up to the tunnel.
We go in three weeks so I’m doing a lot of research. Three day stay so doing Maenofferen, Dinorwic and hopefully the ex bomb depot at Llanberis. I did Dinorwic about 4yr ago but didn’t get up to Aus level. Last July visited Maenoffern in the evening , not a cloud in the sky it was amazing. My pal‘s never been so I think he will be astounded at the sights.

Thanks again,

Ben.
All good choices there. Sounds like a great trip!

Who has read this thread (Total: 356) View details