real time web analytics
Report - - Doncaster College, High Melton Campus, South Yorkshire – January 2022 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Doncaster College, High Melton Campus, South Yorkshire – January 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Doncaster College of Education was established in 1949 and occupied the site of High Melton Hall - a large country house built in 1757 – along with its 116 acres of grounds.

The college officially opened in 1952 with an accommodation block opening the following year and further buildings being constructed throughout the early 1960s.

In 2017 the campus closed after 65 years with students and services being relocated to ‘The Hub’ in Doncaster centre. The former college has since been sold and is the proposed site for a new state of the art, £45m television and film studio.

The site consists of 8 or 9 buildings - not including High Melton Hall which I left alone – ranging from a theatre, gym, several large accommodation blocks and a few small modern buildings. I had a look in all the main college bits and a couple of the student accommodation blocks before they got a bit boring.

Harvey theatre

Former projector room

Only a few seats remain

Classrooms, dance studio and a gym rammed with stuff

View attachment

A few bits from the accommodation blocks

Not anything amazing by any stretch of the imagination but a nice large site to have a relaxed wander around.​

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Like that entrance with its very 60s glass block walls. Some lovely peel also going on. Does look like a big explore. Be interested to see how the re purpose turns out

wanderintheday

28DL Member
28DL Member
hey not sure if anyone would care but this was my old uni i was their from 2015 to the end at 2017 the year i left was when they where shutting it all down, the place was in a state even before it closed, i lived in the halls and my room was like the last photo, in my last year there we came back and one of the guys on my floor had a thing growing over his shower, i came back to move in one term and my door had swollen and stuck i had to smash it open then wait till the next day for them to fix it i couldn't even sleep in their because once i got the door unlocked and open it could not be shut.

its super odd to see rooms i worked in look like this. i have a few other stories from my time there for a place that felt abandoned even when it was used a lot went on.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
hey not sure if anyone would care but this was my old uni i was their from 2015 to the end at 2017 the year i left was when they where shutting it all down, the place was in a state even before it closed, i lived in the halls and my room was like the last photo, in my last year there we came back and one of the guys on my floor had a thing growing over his shower, i came back to move in one term and my door had swollen and stuck i had to smash it open then wait till the next day for them to fix it i couldn't even sleep in their because once i got the door unlocked and open it could not be shut.

its super odd to see rooms i worked in look like this. i have a few other stories from my time there for a place that felt abandoned even when it was used a lot went on.
Interesting & sounds a right mess, what exactally did your mate have growing over his shoulder? Not sure I'm following u there!

wanderintheday

28DL Member
28DL Member
Interesting & sounds a right mess, what exactally did your mate have growing over his shoulder? Not sure I'm following u there!
sorry it was shower my bad, it was some sort of yellow fungus thing we dont know, it wasn't super small so it had Cleary been ignored while people came into clean or it had grown fairly fast as it was hanging down, and it was a real mess even down to the wiring
at one point i started having an issue where shutting off my pc at the wall cut all the power to my room at the breaker, so each time i would have to call them to come turn it back on, it turns out the guy above me had something drawing a ton of power so any change to the system caused it to trip, in the end i left my pc on all the time to stop it.

Who has read this thread (Total: 214) View details