real time web analytics
Report - - Dorothea Quarry-jan 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dorothea Quarry-jan 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tomo1751

28DL Member
28DL Member
There have been a few previous reports about this place which can provide you with much better details than i could about it so il go straight on to the pics

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

Since the reports so far have mainly covered this area i decided to venture to the other side of the site as it is quite frankly a massive area.
Just past were people normally park up to go do a spot of diving in the many underground tunnels is located talysarn hall. As you get to it you can see how the quarry buildings gradually got closer and closer until the hall itself was converted to meet the needs of the quarry such as here were it was converted into a shower room for the workers
IMG_0431.jpg

The whole place in a great state of decay and covered in graffiti as you can see from this archway which I believe was the entrance to the stables

IMG_0443.jpg

as you wander around you can still see a few original features such as this which i have been unable to find any info as to its use
IMG_0441.jpg

you also have theses small pillars at what i imagine was one of the entrances to the actual hall
IMG_0454.jpg

if you wade your way through the undergrowth and jump over a small wall you will come to what was once a driveway perhaps? now though it has a small stream trickling through it
IMG_0457.jpg

if you follow it though you will come up to this entrance which apparently, even though personally i think it looks a bit small was a tunnel that the tramway used to run through
IMG_0458.jpg

even though it is blocked by this fall about 150/200 meters in
IMG_0468.jpg

there are still some good photo opportunities for those who have a better talent than myself with a camera and better lighting (these were all taken with just my army issue headtorch for illumination)

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

All in all this place is a nice spot for a bit of a nosey around on a nice summer day thou any intrepid divers should note that diving there is technically illegal and between 1994 and 2007 there were 22 deaths and a couple of hundred injuries at the site thought judging by this review it may well be worth the risk Kelkoo Group - The intelligent e-commerce marketing platform

hope you enjoy