real time web analytics
Report - - Double Trouble - Runcorn June 2015 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Double Trouble - Runcorn June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Big Crawler

28DL Member
28DL Member
Visited with earth dog. After talking to a friend about this site and showing some interest more into drainage he gave me the location of this surface water drain, which I thought was undiscovered until I dug a little further into this site and it had been previously visited back in 2010 by Gone and again in 2011 by Kevsy21. so me and earth dog grabbed our gear and off we went. It was a nice short walk to break me in and there was a few nice little features. A nice steady flownot even ankle deep and the water was crystal clear.

A little bit of an amateur mistake leaving the date on my camera, but a learning curve for next time :oops:

Hope you enjoy!

Started here in a fair size of a chamber which looks to be the main chamber taking all the surface drainage for the area. A nice cascade coming from the upstream pipe.
1.JPG

At the top of the cascade a nice 1500 RCP leading upstream under the Bridgewater canal.

2.JPG

3.JPG

After stooping for nearly 300 metres we could see another cascade in the distance.

4.JPG

Trying to attempt some lighting shots in the chamber

5.JPG

6.JPG

Ready for more stooping

7.JPG

Downstream from the main chamber is a concrete box culvert heading to the outfall onto Manchester Ship Canal

8.JPG

9.JPG

The concrete box culvert splits here into two before outfalling onto the Manchester Ship Canal

10.JPG

11.JPG

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Looks like a laugh mate. Can you whack on a date and location? Not sure if your camera is playing up but there is a like a fuck off massive black bar at the bottom of each of them? Or was it the date scrubbed out?

Big Crawler

28DL Member
28DL Member
Looks like a laugh mate. Can you whack on a date and location? Not sure if your camera is playing up but there is a like a fuck off massive black bar at the bottom of each of them? Or was it the date scrubbed out?
Yeah sorry my mistake. The black bar is to scrub out the date on the pics.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
:thumbLooks decent enough down there, & I bet it's a little deeper today ;),

.Just need to improve on the lighting of the pics I'd suggest .

Look forward to your next report ;)

Gone

Regular User
nice one buddy! Drainrat and Oggy found this beast way back in 2004, along with Bunker Drain a few miles away.

If I remember rightly Bunker held a miniature drain expo the same year, imitating the ones our Aussie cousins have held for years in the Cave Clan.