Web
Analytics
Report - - Doxford Shipbuilding Drawing Offices sunderland (06-03-08) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Doxford Shipbuilding Drawing Offices sunderland (06-03-08)

Well Wasp

Buzzzzzzzzzzz
28DL Full Member
Well its taken me over a month but i finally sought through my photos of this place, it was amazing i spent a full day here and i really enjoyed it

this site has been done many times (and i will be going back in summer when the greenery is greenest) before i start this will give any info you want on the actual site and doxford engines in general

Well i head through quite early, spent a few hours exploring the whole of the site, i then met up with brickman and had another explore with him, starting first at a place which was not accessible to him when he had explore before, then we worked round the rest of the site

i got a ridiculous amount of pictures but i will stick up only a few which i like

firstly some from my solo explore

DSC_9491.jpg

not sure what this room was but its was one of the most photogenic

DSC_9530.jpg

reception was through their

DSC_9546.jpg

the board room

DSC_9558.jpg

nice phone...

DSC_9561.jpg

the doxford boat

DSC_9566.jpg

stair case in what seemed like a much more recent building than the building housing the main reception (this is the thin window seen in the picture above)

DSC_9578.jpg

the gate house

and obviously now here's some from when i was going round with bricman

DSC_9649.jpg

the actual building

DSC_9643.jpg

we had a bit of a dinner party

DSC_9644.jpg

all though bricmans table manners were not the best...

DSC_9592.jpg

the money shot

DSC_9585.jpg

bricman was at this one light switch for aggggees :rolleyes:

DSC_9595copy.jpg

same staircase from before

DSC_9602.jpg

these were the main reason for me wanting to go

DSC_9619.jpg

and this office

DSC_9620.jpg

lovely

DSC_9623.jpg

will be much better in the summer though

DSC_9633.jpg

the shot everyone does (just not as well done)

DSC_9627.jpg

a seat shot

DSC_9648.jpg

i have to add this for the amount of time i spent trying to get a shot with it

i have a few more photos just of some of the old equipment and computers on site, these were as amazing as the building

DSC_9601.jpg

(1) what i assume is a typewriter

DSC_9614.jpg

(2) an old computer, at a guess a BBC

DSC_9490.jpg

(3) another computer

DSC_9536.jpg

(4) telephone

DSC_9538.jpg

(5) looks like an adding device

DSC_9537.jpg

(6) a thingy, dont have a clue what this is

there was also some (3) which were on poles, they were quite interesting looking

well i think that is all hope some people enjoyed my pictures, and i have to say thanks to bricman for directions, and a great explore :D