real time web analytics
Report - - Duke of Lancaster - August 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Duke of Lancaster - August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jackndanni

Banned
Banned
I was on the ship almost a year ago to the day. Managed to have a good look before being thrown off. Only had my phone on me at the time so the pics are not the best, which is why I've never shown them.

WP_002770.jpg

WP_002768.jpg

WP_002771.jpg

WP_002763.jpg

WP_002774.jpg

WP_002769.jpg

WP_002778.jpg

WP_002765.jpg

WP_002756.jpg

WP_002758.jpg

WP_002760.jpg

WP_002777.jpg

WP_002781.jpg

WP_002779.jpg

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Nice one, what happened when you were chucked off, what were they like? Briefly, how did you get on board (I've been on there so no need to elaborate, just wondering).

jackndanni

Banned
Banned
Think I may need to explain a little more to you guys about the post and about the ship.
I am heading a campaign to restore and reopen her as the successful venture she once was. As you are probably well aware the Funship was closed by the owners because they were sick of being repeatedly attacked by the then Delyn Council. Despite being in favour of the idea and having discussed it for nearly 12 months prior, the night the ship arrived it was a very different story.
To cut what would be a tremendously long & detailed story short. myself and fellow members of our Group have just recently exposed the Council for making false claims regards the railway bridge to the rear of the ship being too weak for fire engines for cross. That, as we were told by Flintshire Council, is the main constraint they said we would have to overcome before being able to move forward. In the old days in 1979 planning permission was refused on that basis but luckily they managed to secure alternative access a little further down the Coast Road, which is no longer there.
After a lot of research and various discussions we have been told by the Office of Rail Regulation that there are no structural problems with the bridge and can carry loads up to 40 tonne. (previously claimed by the Council as
10 tonne max. A fire engine weighs 12/14 tonne)
We have asked the Council to justify those claims but so far they haven't.
This has blighted the ship and the site for the past 30 years and the reason she remains closed. If the Council had had their way she would never have opened.
These pics were taken the day we put a banner up on the bridge of the ship exposing the Council for their lies. The owners son was doing the banner and I was on the dock. You see the health & safety issues are so strict even I am not allowed on board. The open door was too much of a temptation I'm afraid. When the owners son discovered me he was so angry, we had a huge row and I told to leave.
What I'm trying to say to you all is to please be patient and respect the owner's wishes by not trying to board her? They are trying, like they always have done, to come to some sort of a compromise with the Council because they want to reopen her, always have. The fact they still own her and have not given up says so much about the determination they have and of course of their love for the Duke. For that reason I ask you to admire from the outside and keep your fingers and toes crossed we succeed in what we're trying to do?
DSCF4525.JPG

mark lawson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went there today looks cool would be good to look inside I posted your petition link on all the forsale sites I have on Facebook for this area I recon the power of social media is what this petition needs I signed it and its at 4375 out of 5000 so kinda nearly there

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
Cut it up and sell it for scrap.

It's a fucked ship in the middle of nowhere. No-one would come to see it if was restored. It's never going to sail again.

It's only pulling power is to people like us, and we won't pay to see it.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
the railway bridge to the rear of the ship being too weak for fire engines for cross

I don't think that's the issue at all. If there's just one fisherman's car parked on that track, the fire engine won't be able to pass - that's the issue.