real time web analytics
Report - - East Cliff County Offices - Lancashire, October 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - East Cliff County Offices - Lancashire, October 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It's been a while since I last posted a report. Mainly due to not adding much on to the forum from places which have been visited before.
However, after exploring this place during the month, it had some quite nice features so thought I'd share.

History

East Cliff offices previously known as The Park Hotel, was a railway-owned hotel at East Cliff, Preston, Lancashire, England, used for many years as offices, but now being restored as a hotel.
The hotel opened in 1883 and was operated jointly by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway and London and North Western Railway. In the 1923 grouping of railway companies, ownership passed to the London, Midland and Scottish Railway. When the UK's railways were nationalised in 1948, it passed to the British Transport Commission's Hotels Executive, and thence to British Transport Hotels, who sold it in 1950. It has subsequently been, and as of September 2014 remains, used as offices, and renamed "East Cliff County Offices", by Lancashire County Council, who also have a modern annexe, adjacent.

The site next to the grade II listed building now remains in a pile of rubble just adjacent to the site but the main building retains many of the original features albeit being almost completely stripped back now.

There are plans online showing a new infrastructure to replace the pile of rubble and the listed building being turned into a spa.

Work started earlier this year and there are various diggers and machinery on sire indicating they're still cracking on.

Explore

Considering my cankle is on operation #3 recovery I'm trying my best to take it easy.
This was a lovely mooch, surprising inside with a beautiful exterior

pics.

IMG_5411.jpg

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5405-HDR.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5399-HDR.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5382-HDR.jpg

IMG_5379-HDR.jpg

IMG_5376-HDR.jpg

IMG_5365-HDR.jpg

IMG_5362-HDR.jpg

IMG_5352-HDR.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely interior. The stairs iron work is cracking as are the wonderfully designed tiles. Really nice report. Lovely building:thumb

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Was about to check this out after spotting it ij the park, then a local then told me it wasn't abandoned, so i didn't. I regret that alot now.

SpiderMonkey

BrushMonkey
Staff member
Nice work. @AndyK and I set an alarm off here a few years back. Shame to see it stripped now, but good thing it’s being repurposed.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Nice work. @AndyK and I set an alarm off here a few years back. Shame to see it stripped now, but good thing it’s being repurposed.
i think it is, they demo'd the big ugly grey next to it a while back. so i imagine thats why they've not done much with the main building.