real time web analytics
Report - - EC Pigments / Hempshaw Brook Brewery - Stockport - July 11 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - EC Pigments / Hempshaw Brook Brewery - Stockport - July 11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

m9

big in japan
Regular User
Check out the colours man.

Visited with Tweek.

ec7.jpg

I think it was Xan mentioning this place to me a few weeks ago that reminded me of its existence. The colours looked like brilliant fun to have a play around with and it seemed like a perfect pre-work mooch. So, cue stupid 'o' clock and i'm in Stockport on some back street waiting for tweak, basking in the gaze of Stockports finest curtain twitchers.
Although its mainly been stripped by looters and trashed by kids, there is still a fair amount to go at and a nice explore, although I got LOTS of red on me..
The main mixing hall is fantastic, looks like jackson pollock was locked in there for a year with only red, orange and yellow to play with.

Good start to the morning, and the look at work of the door man's face as I walked in with all the trendy jeans new-media types in my boots, covered in yellow, orange and red was priceless.

History
There had been a brewery on the site since the early to mid 19th century, and after changing hands many times over the next 150ish years, the site became home to European Colour pigments although I can't find an exact date for the hand over.
From what I can gather, EC Pigments suffered around 2008/9 after a massive fire broke out at the plant BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Major blaze at chemical factory. The fire damaged sections of the building must have been pulled and cleared, as there there isn't much trace of charring anwhere on the site. I can only assume that after the fire, EC pigments decided to decommission the site rather than sort out the damage.
There are plans to turn the place in to a secure storage place in the future, being purchased by easyaccess stroage -> [URL="http://easyaccessselfstorage.co.uk/news.php?id=80]http://easyaccessselfstorage.co.uk/news.php?id=80[/URL]

[1]
ec3.jpg

[2]
ec4.jpg

[3]
ec5.jpg

[4]
ec6.jpg

[5]
ec8.jpg

[6]
ec12.jpg

[7]
ec11.jpg

[8]
ec13.jpg

[9]
ec9.jpg

[10]
ec14.jpg

[11]
ec15.jpg

[12]
ec16.jpg

[13], [14]
ec17.jpg

ec20.jpg

[15]
ec25.jpg

[16]
ec24.jpg

[17]
ec26.jpg

[18]
ec31.jpg

[19]
ec28.jpg

[20]
ec30.jpg

[21] Love this stuff.. Same gear as in Fletchers
ec34.jpg

[22]
ec32.jpg

Thanks for looking... oh, and you've got red on you.
ec22.jpg