real time web analytics
Report - - Echo Falls, Rochdale - May 2011. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Echo Falls, Rochdale - May 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Echo Falls

11.jpg

An excellent find by Stepping Lightly this one :thumb

We were in the area later in the week so stopped by for another mooch, despite it being only a small system it had all the potential for a decent drain

3 falls, a decent sized outfall, plywood manholes and enough RCP to shake a stick at... Oh wait :rolleyes:

We started at the Outfall, which was covered in slippery moss, a quick climb and we were in

1.jpg

The first real feature was some Stone Blocks in a decent sized chamber, usually a sign that there would be some serious flowage in here :eek:

The ever increasing hole in my wellies failed me again as I stepped into the 2ft of water

2.jpg

The RCP took a sharp left and continued on around 100 yds before reaching an Inspection Chamber

7.jpg

In the distance could be heard a loud roar, we continued upstream until we reached the Second of the 3 Falls

A ladder took us up to the top of a larger chamber to the Falls

3.jpg

(Looking back down)

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

After grabbing a few shots, we climbed across and headed up the RCP, which zig-zagged upstream, passing 3 further Chambers along the way

8.jpg

Eventually daylight and then this... The 3rd Falls

9.jpg

We climbed out here at the Infall and made our way back out above ground

10.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details