real time web analytics
Report - - Emhart Fastening Teknologies (Tucker Fasteners Ltd), Birmingham, May 2014 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Emhart Fastening Teknologies (Tucker Fasteners Ltd), Birmingham, May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Nice report, shame things were cut short….

I could have spent more time there, as its a big enough place to lose yourself in, spent a good further hour in there after the dog incident... I just knew I had another 5 hours travelling back to do! I may do a return visit though, because theres somewhere else in Brum that i'd like which eluded me first time around.
Why are all the 'good' places so far away!

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good work sounds like real endurance test made for a good read and great pics too. The records room looks jolly good fun also.

Baff

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
*Note to self: always take a piece of meat or two when exploring to keep dog happy and quiet*

Sounds like you had a fun time :)

blossie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was very nostalgic for me to see these photos as my father worked at Tuckers for 30 years.
Not only that but we lived in a road which backed on to the houses opposite the factory and could see the window of the office where my father worked from the bedroom window.

When I was a child I used to go to the children's Christmas parties which involved walking through the main factory to the canteen at the back.

spytek

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I believe this ones opposite the one stop shopping centre.. I live around the corner from it ;)

btw They will be closing down the Perry Barr Campus of Birmingham City Uni this year (from what I have heard) so a huge site to explore coming soon :thumb

redmum

28DL Member
28DL Member
If anyone can get back in, and get any of that historical stuff - like those ledgers I can see in one of the pictures, or any of the advertisiung stuff, and get it to Birmingham City Archives, that would at least be something saved for future generations! Mu husband worked there for over 22 years until it closed in April 2013, although the bare bones of an IT dept were still there till June 2013. I worked at the City Archives and I know that they were asked if there were any ledgers of records and they said no! And yes, all the machinery went to Giesssen and the USA. I guess that is tax efficiency for you.

blossie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hope someone will try to save some of the paperwork stuff redmum.
My father worked there for over 30 years and it seemed very sad to see it just left lying around.