real time web analytics
England trip | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

England trip

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey everyone,

At the beginning of August this year, me and a friend will be going on vacation in England for a week.
Our main purpose for this trip is to go urban exploring but we're having a struggle:
We have done a bunch of research and we have some locations lined up but something we keep encountering is the distance in between the locations.
Many locations are scattered over all of England.
My question to you all is what area in England has the most locations without having to drive hours in between every time?
Since I'm from the Netherlands iIwas hoping you guys could help out. :)

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
If you post some reports of the places you've been you'll be more likely to get a positive response :thumb

Whereabouts are you staying?

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you post some reports of the places you've been you'll be more likely to get a positive response :thumb

Whereabouts are you staying?
Thing is I'm quite new to the urbexing business and I've only done one trip so far (in belgium) and that was mainly to practice with HDR and such :) That resulted in about 3 or 4 decent pictures but I could post those if that suffices as a report? (Does it?) Thanks for the heads up btw!

Where we're staying isn't for sure yet. We were kind of thinking of having it depend on where we found the best locations.
As of yet, we have a few locations in the (more or less) camebridgeshire area such as the mansion of rockstar Ian Gillan.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Even the easy access locations do change, no longer easy access or burnt down. August is a long way off in the schemes of things. Use the search facility, make a big list and be prepared to be disappointed.

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Even the easy access locations do change, no longer easy access or burnt down. August is a long way off in the schemes of things. Use the search facility, make a big list and be prepared to be disappointed.

Thats just about what we figured too. We're planning to try and perhaps meet up with some local explorers if they'd be willing to take us some places. But thats all a long way from now. And as you said we'll be prepared for disappointment but we'll also be updating our lists as time passes.
Would you happen to know a good platform for meeting other groups of urbexers?

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Thats just about what we figured too. We're planning to try and perhaps meet up with some local explorers if they'd be willing to take us some places. But thats all a long way from now. And as you said we'll be prepared for disappointment but we'll also be updating our lists as time passes.
Would you happen to know a good platform for meeting other groups of urbexers?
Well you may notice that you are in a urbex forum, like everything gain are trust do some local sites and maybe a few people can join you.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Depends also on what you like to explore.......no point going to London if you like mines or wales if you like rooftops

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
As has been said best way is to compile a list of what you want to see, make sure there are enough back ups and then try and hook up with explorers over here who can show you stuff maybe you didn't know about.

I love meeting new explorers so closer to the time when you have definite dates let me know and I'll see what plans I have...

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As has been said best way is to compile a list of what you want to see, make sure there are enough back ups and then try and hook up with explorers over here who can show you stuff maybe you didn't know about.

I love meeting new explorers so closer to the time when you have definite dates let me know and I'll see what plans I have...
That'd be great! I'll note your username down and let you know when it's almost time.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Yer make a list like mookster said......
But for example if you like underground you could spend a week in wales and not even scratch the surface.............if you want to cut down on driving you may have to limit what you want to see or concentrate or a certain subject

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yer make a list like mookster said......
But for example if you like underground you could spend a week in wales and not even scratch the surface.............if you want to cut down on driving you may have to limit what you want to see or concentrate or a certain subject

The coming few months we'll probably be working on keeping our lists updated and expanding them.
As of half an hour ago, our prototype plan is to make a trip around london (were not planning on going into london) where we start and end at Dover.
Do you happen to know what an area such as for example Surrey has to offer (as in what type of locations)?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
The coming few months we'll probably be working on keeping our lists updated and expanding them.
As of half an hour ago, our prototype plan is to make a trip around london (were not planning on going into london) where we start and end at Dover.
Do you happen to know what an area such as for example Surrey has to offer (as in what type of locations)?

There's quite a bit scattered through Surrey, Sussex, Greater London and Kent areas so you're in a good place with that. Not too far from where I'm based west of London either.