real time web analytics
Report - - Epic Shed - 22/03/09 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Epic Shed - 22/03/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
great scott!!!!

was round the corner from here yesterday! have you checked out nearby Millway Dairy Crest (stilton cheese factory)

insanebuslady

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If I were in your position.. and the keys just happened to be in the ignition.. and it just happened to fire up.. I think I might have to break the rules just once. But I swear I would return it with a full tank of gas and nary a scratch!

G

Gordon WR

The first vehicle is an Alvis Stalwart designed to go anywhere a tank will go and amphibious without any preparation, just drive straight in the water !! It was a fuel/munitions carrier used to replen tank squadrons. It was fine off road but if used constantly on the flat then the wheel stations would sieze up and were a bastard to rebuild.

Gingie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The site is part of the communial site for the RAF Langer site, the building in the first picture on the right is the squash court, and the other builings are the gym and chancel.

Is a good find with some interesting items.

LiamCH

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone have any idea what fate has in store for this tank?

Because if they don't want it, I'm sure I can find a use for it.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If I were in your position.. and the keys just happened to be in the ignition.. and it just happened to fire up.. I think I might have to break the rules just once. But I swear I would return it with a full tank of gas and nary a scratch!

Anyone know for sure what it is looks to me to be a Spartan part of the cvrt family, oh and btw armoured vehicles tend not to have ignition keys!!!!

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Anyone know for sure what it is looks to me to be a Spartan part of the cvrt family, oh and btw armoured vehicles tend not to have ignition keys!!!!

Was writing my post as you stuck up yours mate! Yes a CVR(T)
[Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked)]

and as you say - no keys, just put in natural and press the tit!

Same as Plant Equipment all use the same Universal Key!

Spartan being the un-armed Personnel Carrier Version as also illustrated in my post!

Last edited:

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was writing my post as you stuck up yours mate! Yes a CVR(T)
[Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked)]

and as you say - no keys, just put in natural and press the tit!

Spartan being the un-armed Personnel Carrier Version as also illustrated in my post!

You have just out spotered me mate! especially with the reg number bit!

G

Gordon WR

We took them and AFV 432s on a river crossing at Hamlin but never attempted a launch like that !!

P

Photograph51

Cool find! Did you manage to get into the tank? *insert music from apocalypse now, corssed with the A-Team*:lol: