real time web analytics
Report - - Failsworth Mill, Oldham, April 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Failsworth Mill, Oldham, April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
After looking through various reports on this place I knew I was going to struggle find any history, and after a good half hour, sure enough I found very little! There was more history to be found on the Regent Mill across the canal than this one. From what I can gather, Failsworth was one of three mills in a cluster in the area, the other two being Bank Mill and Regent Mill. From various signage inside the place, it looked to have had different companies inside, textiles and antiques being amongst them who all have since re-located to different premises in 2012-2013.
I was hoping the recent fire hadn’t caused too much damage, but it looks like it was contained to the ground floor. A nice easy little mooch about with the added bonus of soaking up the afternoon sun on the roof. A :hello to the two people I met in there, nice to meet you guys and thanks for pointing me in the direction of getting to the roof.

Externals: -​

failsworthmill108_zpsd595ec88.jpg

failsworthmill106_zpsbf2896a6.jpg

Internals: -

failsworthmill101_zps13704a28.jpg

failsworthmill061_zps8980076b.jpg

failsworthmill059_zpsc16767ee.jpg

failsworthmill057_zps4e384080.jpg

failsworthmill050_zps83704046.jpg

failsworthmill049_zpsa3edcf4e.jpg

failsworthmill015_zps28326eb9.jpg

failsworthmill013_zps28e6cf51.jpg

failsworthmill010_zps5f40ac7d.jpg

failsworthmill006_zps7be78ba1.jpg

failsworthmill005_zps6c92905f.jpg

failsworthmill001_zps824e3b9e.jpg

Roof: -

failsworthmill093_zps2a764239.jpg

failsworthmill091_zpse265e79c.jpg

failsworthmill095_zpscfb1b334.jpg

failsworthmill0941_zpsdf3a5588.jpg

Cat.

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
Very nice cat, I'm glad the fire didn't ruin too much of the mill. May have to have a look for myself soon

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You came all that way and didn't do drains

Tut tut :D

Well captured, easily the best report from this place, so excused :p:

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
You came all that way and didn't do drains

Tut tut :D

Well captured, easily the best report from this place, so excused :p:

was thinking of phoning you actually when i was in the area for any pointers towards drains in the area, but didnt think you'd get a signal cos you're usually 20ft down somewhere!

Nickindroy

A Porky Prime Cut
Regular User
was thinking of phoning you actually when i was in the area for any pointers towards drains in the area, but didnt think you'd get a signal cos you're usually 20ft down somewhere!

Just tap any lid, 3 times and out he pops! :D

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Just tap any lid, 3 times and out he pops! :D

I did try walking around them clockwise 3 times and saying his name, but I was getting funny looks from teenage girls arguing about where to get the cheapest designer jeans.... mind you, it DID clear the area so i had a clear route on getting int mill.

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details