real time web analytics
Report - - Father Hudsons Society (St Mary's & St Philomena's Buildings), Coleshill, Birmingham, | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Father Hudsons Society (St Mary's & St Philomena's Buildings), Coleshill, Birmingham,

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Father Hudsons Society (St Mary's & St Philomena's Buildings)

The main target of the day was a no go due to it being totally locked down (without the ability of flight or stilts), so to save the day being a total wash out, we decided to head over to Father Hudson's as it was not a million miles away.

I have seen plenty of reports from this site, but never grasped how big the site actually is.

It was getting late on in the day so we only managed to see two of the buildings (arguably the least interesting ones too!).

First up was St Philomena's Building, there seems to be very little information about this building, aside from it was apparently the living quarters for the nuns who worked at Father Hudson's.

This place is 100% derp to be honest and mostly very un-interesting.

The top few floors are made up of endless single bedrooms and bare corridors.

[1] & [2]
IMG_15989.jpg
IMG_16013.jpg

[3] & [4]
IMG_16007.jpg
IMG_16025.jpg

[5]
IMG_16004.jpg

Downstairs was pretty stripped too, with more empty rooms, the only saving grace for this building was a nice old aga.

[6] & [7]
IMG_16059.jpg
IMG_16065.jpg

Moving on to the next building, which was St Mary's, which although still not on par with the Orthopaedic hospital or St Edwards, it's still got a few interesting bits and pieces left inside, including one of the most random finds I have ever seen, the mysterious party room in the attic.

Again, the upper (none-attic) floors are more dull corridors and single-occupant rooms.

[8] & [9]
IMG_16085.jpg
IMG_16153.jpg

[10]
IMG_16148.jpg

[11] & [12]
IMG_16175.jpg
IMG_16191.jpg

[13] The Party Room, which resembled some sort of Swiss log cabin, with the walls adorned with a wide variety of alcoholic drinks.
IMG_16185.jpg

[14]
IMG_16253.jpg

[15]
IMG_16275.jpg

[16] & [17]
IMG_16278.jpg
IMG_16290.jpg

A few weeks after my visit, St Mary's had a mysterious fire which appears to have gutted the upper floors, one can only wonder if it was started by the residents of the party room.

I still want to see the other buildings on the site, so had best get my skates on before fire strikes again!

Full Galleries:
Father Hudsons Society (St Mary’s Building)
Father Hudsons Society (St Philomena’s Building)