real time web analytics
Report - - Fife Power Station - Pic Heavy | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fife Power Station - Pic Heavy

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SC559034

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fife Power Station was a 120 megawatt gas fired combined cycle gas turbine generating station at Cardenden in Fife, Scotland. It was a 1+1 configuration module built around a 74 MW General Electric Frame 6F gas turbine providing for a combined cycle output of 109MW, exhaust duct firing is employed to reach the stations maximum output. It was formerly the Westfield Development Centre of British Gas. In 1992 Fife Energy bought the site in a £10m deal. A combined-cycle gas turbine plant began commercial operation in January 2001. It was purchased in 2004 by Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE) for £12.3 million, temporarily securing the future of the 10 staff who worked there at the time. Investigations took place in 2007 into the feasibility of burning used car tyres in Fife, environmental legislations precluded this however. The plant closed in March 2011.
(Source: Wikipedia)

The combined cycle gas turbine plant, which began commercial operation in January 2001, was previously owned by a group of shareholders, including the US-based energy company El Paso.
SSE said that it intends to spend up to £3 million upgrading and reinforcing the operational performance of the plant, which has been in administration since January 2003. The acquisition of a smaller station such as Fife Power will provide further diversity of plant mix within our generation portfolio, particularly in the mid-merit sector,’ commented Ian Marchant, Chief Executive of SSE.
(Source: www.theengineer.co.uk)

PLEASE NOTE

Anyone entering this site should be advised of health risks involved. Please be aware that the site has not been decontaminated and there are various chemicals around the building. There are also cyanide warning signs hung up on the fencing around the building.

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691 (1).JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0702.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0709.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Yeh, some of the stuff in the cupboard is one drop and your dead stuff so just leave it alone. Otherwise some of it is quite useful! Wish I had made the effort when it was still in decent nick

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
This is also known as the Westfield Development Centre is it not? Wish I'd got the chance to see it before nearly all of it was torn down.

the goalie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is also known as the Westfield Development Centre is it not? Wish I'd got the chance to see it before nearly all of it was torn down.

@mookster

Some may also know it as SSE Cardenden.
I live close to Westfield n all I have known it to be called is "the gas plant" and "er by"..never heard of it bein called SSE Cardenden b4...not saying sum ppl do call it that tho.