real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Firm to review security after break-in by 28DL. Flintshire Chronicle May 27th 2010 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Firm to review security after break-in by 28DL. Flintshire Chronicle May 27th 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treadstone

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Firm to review security after break-in by 28DL. Flintshire Chronicle May 27th 201

Landie, to be fair the article quoted lead saying
“Should I approach a site where the only means of entry would be to bend the board from a window, I would walk away rather than cause damage.”

Scala66: people like me who have been around forums for Donkeys years, used to read things like "Staff called them ‘reckless individuals who have no thought for their own safety’......." and say "MRD applies". To the younger readers that means "Mandy Rice-Davis" , in a court case she was told Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her, she replied, "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" (often misquoted as "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?").
MRD applies in this case.

Ali_Explores

AKA Gary
28DL Full Member
Re: Firm to review security after break-in by 28DL. Flintshire Chronicle May 27th 201

I agree apart from the title fail, its an alright article.

Kitty

Home-breaking baker
28DL Full Member

@ Leaf: nicely put. Glad you got your say.

U

user928

Staff called them ‘reckless individuals who have no thought for their own safety

I tend to think that they say something, in fact anything, because they think they are expected to do that.

I wonder if in reality, and in private, most aren’t overly concerned and simply have to be seen behaving or responding in a certain expected manner. And maybe for the benefit of the insurance underwriters, ambulance chasing lawyers and others that would attempt to abuse any indifference or lack of interest about it all.

A choice between people trespassing upon your property that respect the buildings, its history and architecture etc, or some local ne'er-do-wells, who want to adopt your property for other less savoury & ultimately damaging activities. It’s a no brainer really, but is it wise to admit that in public or in the press.

Leaf1471

Tourist Information Depot
28DL Full Member

It's obviously going to be in any companies interests to take a stance on an issue like this when confronted by a newspaper, but you have to understand that castle cement make local news every couple of weeks for one thing or another. The piece they did on us in the leader was just another cog in the outrage machine and this article simply recycled the company quotes from the leader article which i suppose leads them to sound somewhat out of context for an article like this.

Sparky74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I have to say ' 28 Days Later members describe urban exploration and infiltration is about learning to appreciate the buildings and structures around you and seeing beauty in places where many people will not '

that has so hit the nail on the head , Ive lost count of the number of times Ive nearly crashed my car looking at a gorgeous derelict building , no-one outside of the urbex thing understands it and its not till youve been in one and done it , that the rest become so damn inviting.

Well said emotive69, there are so many of these buildings out there that will one day be lost forever, and if poeple don't capture the true nature of them it is lost forever just so some money grabber can stick a housing estate on the site :banghead

Status
Not open for further replies.