real time web analytics
Information - - Fletchers Demo Update & funeral | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Fletchers Demo Update & funeral

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Drewster09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone fancy sharing their best shots of fletchers from over the years? Feel free to dump them on here, would love to see some!

As of the 7th April, most of the bottom mill is gone. The beater hall, roller rooms and finishing department have all been demolished, as well as one of the office blocks. They are currently ploughing through the building that used to contain the yellow rope choppers and labs etc…Thankfully, all the main digester room & one of the bleaching halls is still there. For how long, I don’t know.

IMG_2426.jpeg

PA280170.jpeg

PA280141.JPG

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gutted. I don’t have an image of this one time but back around 2012 I went with old skool and they were filming a TV ad for warburtons in the large part at the front and we were in the bit in the middle and we could hear them and smell toast all day. Good times. Gonna miss one. I’ll poor some poncy IPA on the floor at the meet in memory £12 down the drain 😂

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
OMG! They've made pretty quick progress on the lower mill.

From what I can surmise, everything in the red area has been demoed(?):

53637527100_47c75372f9_b.jpg

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Anyone fancy sharing their best shots of fletchers from over the years? Feel free to dump them on here, would love to see some!

As of the 7th April, most of the bottom mill is gone. The beater hall, roller rooms and finishing department have all been demolished, as well as one of the office blocks. They are currently ploughing through the building that used to contain the yellow rope choppers and labs etc…Thankfully, all the main digester room & one of the bleaching halls is still there. For how long, I don’t know.

IMG_2426.jpeg

PA280170.jpeg

PA280141.JPG
Hate that the last visit I had here was with a broken phone camera, but hey it was good times

IMG_6956.jpeg

IMG_6975.jpeg

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
In a way it’s amazing it lasted as long as it did - over 20 years. I wonder if it took ages to sort out who the land owners were after the liquidation.

One of my biggest annoyances in UE is I’ve lost my original pics from 2008. I only have resized. When im home maybe should do a report on em as don’t think I’ve posted it

Drewster09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
OMG! They've made pretty quick progress on the lower mill.

From what I can surmise, everything in the red area has been demoed(?):

53637527100_47c75372f9_b.jpg
Yes spot on there, and the very front part of the main stone mill building behind the lower mill. Tragic really, but at least we all got in when we did eh? R.I.P

Drewster09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
PA280194.jpeg

Just found this…. Maybe my favourite part of the mill this was. 2 hemp rotary choppers dating circa 1950s. Belt driven of the steam generator and apparently very noisy and dusty. The choppers themselves were modified sugar beet cutters!
One of a kind ✌️

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
PA280194.jpeg

Just found this…. Maybe my favourite part of the mill this was. 2 hemp rotary choppers dating circa 1950s. Belt driven of the steam generator and apparently very noisy and dusty. The choppers themselves were modified sugar beet cutters!
One of a kind ✌️
Remember these. Cool part of the mill.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
PA280194.jpeg

One of a kind ✌️
Makes me think of how many rare or unique machines are just going to vanish into scrap after this, the Bertram beater hall is a great example as if I remember right, they’re very old and not common, or the Wood digesters

All just gonna vanish into scrap metal

Stevoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
20230624_084217.jpg
Probably my most favourite shot I took. Quite unremarkable to most, but this was the first ever photo I took on our fist visit. (After my kid had been mithering me for weeks to take him!)

There was also just something about this room that I loved, even looking at the photo of it now gives me massive nostalgia.

20230617_192706.jpg

Also, this one from the Boiler house. The decay in here was absolutely spectacular and something that will stick in my mind forever.