real time web analytics
Report - - Fletchers Paper Mill - Oldham - Feb 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fletchers Paper Mill - Oldham - Feb 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
It was good to pay this place a visit, the morning after the Manchester meet we'd planned to meet M9 and Tweek early... Hidden was to be our alarm clock, after he shamelessly slept through the beep for a few hours we eventually dragged ourselves over to Fletchers. The lads were there waiting alright. We made it past the local nosy parkers no bother and made our way in. From memory it was a fun access, involving climbing and some dangling and I absolutely made it look a lot harder than it actually was.

Have a look at this video too.

Good times were had playing with the industrial goodness. It was snowing. NickUK was SO cold.

Fletchers paper mill closed in 2003, what a place! This is nothing new and if you don't know about this classic place then please spend some time following the links at the bottom of this page and click this too.

Visited with Hidden, Tweek, M9 and ColdUK. The best memories.

eUuKFCx.jpg

BE7U7ZP.jpg

YPhz9Mm.jpg

U3tPVzy.jpg

DWXIKmm.jpg

oP5fV56.jpg

There was a little bit of everything at Fletchers and more has been found and explored since. Sadly I've never managed to return.

N1Rz366.jpg

GwW4E4W.jpg

4xqiHkI.jpg

McfhK15.jpg

Thanks for the memories lads

i0BfRit.jpg

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Fletchers defo one of my all time fav explores. I don’t ever think has the same sort of ‘fire alarm’ feel. By that I mean walked out for a fire alarm mid shift and never return. Which is pretty much what happened - given bags to put stuff in and that was it

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Man. That's the daddy. Fab archive report.

Thanks, great memories from here.

Fletchers defo one of my all time fav explores. I don’t ever think has the same sort of ‘fire alarm’ feel. By that I mean walked out for a fire alarm mid shift and never return. Which is pretty much what happened - given bags to put stuff in and that was it

Yeah I get what you mean mate. There’s a few places I’ve been that felt like that. Some parts of Rank Hovis in hull had a similar feel back in the day. Fletchers is definitely up there with the best of them for sure.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
it’s so good fletchers. Never tire of seeing it. It’s not changed massively either over the years. Nice report mate.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
You mention this on every Fletchers report, what's the story?

There is also the previous problems here with people stealing BA kit and selling it on eBay. The police then left ones marked specially inside to catch the culprits out

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Someone whizzed all that tackle out of there a number of years back, would have made a hell of a racket and wouldn't have been easy to remove without someone turning a blind eye :rolleyes:

It was removed using a Stihl saw or similar, think of a petrol driven chainsaw, but with a disk on. They are not quiet especially within a large derelict building. Security would have been sat about 70 meters away and that's if they were not patrolling the site. However nothing was heard of the event and to remove all the phosphorous bronze bearing would have been a good few hours work.

Someone got a brown paper envelope full of crisp notes, possibly the site owner didn't know. Security turned a blind eye or should I say a deaf ear to this theft.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
It was removed using a Stihl saw or similar, think of a petrol driven chainsaw, but with a disk on. They are not quiet especially within a large derelict building. Security would have been sat about 70 meters away and that's if they were not patrolling the site. However nothing was heard of the event and to remove all the phosphorous bronze bearing would have been a good few hours work.

Someone got a brown paper envelope full of crisp notes, possibly the site owner didn't know. Security turned a blind eye or should I say a deaf ear to this theft.

Yeah it’s shocking how this kind of thing happens. I remember years ago walking past an old favorite local explore and hearing the stihl saws rattling away inside, no police or security to be seen.

It kind of makes a joke out of how we all creep around trying to be all quiet and that ha.

Who has read this thread (Total: 171) View details