real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Flintshire Evening Leader - May 19th 2010 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Flintshire Evening Leader - May 19th 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf1471

Tourist Information Depot
28DL Full Member
DAREDEVIL TOWER STUNT FURY ! The leader seems to have stumbled across my report of Castle Cement Padeswood from February (posted in high stuff) and TheFlu24 and myself have been lucky enough to get our lovely selves on the front page ! Unfortunately my scanner isnt big enough to get a decent scan of the front page but here we have the page three continuation

kilnpaper.jpg

and here is the article online...

http://leaderlive.co.uk/news/88613/flintshire-firm-s-fury-over-daredevil-stunt.aspx

Interesting that they seem to think that TheFlu24 is the name of our 'group' and they speak as if i own the website...Typically well researched journalism !

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
It's the same old stuff, 'breaking in', 'reckless', 'safety', etc. But secretly the newspaper must be really happy - I mean, wtf else happens in Flintshire?

Demolition

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I saw the paper in the staff shop about an hour ago, first thing throughy mind was I bet that's 28 days later. PMSL!

You got a mention in the editorial too. I've got access to a suitably sized scanner but I'd question the wisdom of scanning the article and posting it up on here at the moment. - copyright issues?

It's a bit odd though, the evening leader ran a story last week about the kiln being responsible for a cancer cluster in the immidiate vicinity. Then again, they seem to latch onto anything that may endanger the middle class muppets that buy their drivel, even if it is by proxy.

badwabbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Maybe in the terms and conditions of this site there should be some kind of disclaimer that says "Use or reproduction of any photographic material submitted to or displayed on this site for republishing, newspapers, magazines, TV or other uses is strictly prohibited without the written consent of the copyright owner."

This new kind of journalism - "quick, there's nothing happening, let's scan the internet for something going on locally we didn't know about and then sensationalize it" is lazy, unprofessional and is not news...

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had a bit of a rant on there in the end! - i wonder if my post will be left.

Its the (three) four posts written by Fredbloggs123

Last edited:

si o doom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good point, but sueing the feckers may prove difficult.

Its not suing them, they have used pictures without copyright clearance and have broken the law, he is totally within his rights to send an invoice for whatever amount he deems neccesary and request payment within 30 days, if they don;t pay up after that, then its time for courts :D

Woo hoo! Payday!

Have your shots been posted anywhere without the watermark? If not then they know they were doing wrong as they cropped the watermark.

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
lol, yeah whoever it is seems to spend their entire day on the internet looking for something to do :s

TBH I' surprised they took those photos, no offense, but they're not th greatest, but copyright is copyright regardless of what it is, its not nesacery to put disclaimers up all over this site and others, its well known law, just they choose to ignore the law in favour of sprucing up their local paper with something almost interesting. happens regular enough, just got to keep an eye out on all the locals for occasional theft and articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.