real time web analytics
Report - - Fole mill, Uttoxeter, September 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fole mill, Uttoxeter, September 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Spida

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The history

Fole mill was part of the fole dairy site, it's the only building left standing there. The mill itself dates from 1771 and was constructed by Henry Copestake as a water mill, there is a rumour that there was a mill here before then. There was a fire on the upper floor that was rebuilt in 1894 by the company who went on to construct London’s Millennium Mills and they was called Vernon & Sons.
There is a cottage around the front that the miller used and that was built in the 18th century.
The site of the mill was purchased in the early 1920’s by the Co-operative Wholesale Society who transformed it into a dairy which operated out of the village of Fole all the way up to 2009.

The explore

At the time of my visit i didn't know what this place was, me and my lady was driving around a saw this place. My lady waited in the car while i went for a look around. The cottage was a sweet small place but the stairs looked dodgy so i never went up them. I didn't know until after i jumped in the work shop that it was divided into three parts, unfortunately i only could get into the one work shop and the main mill part.
It was getting late in the day plus it was very dark in places and i almost fell down a hole in there so i'm sorry for the bad quality pictures.
It is well trashed but there was some nice features still left behind like the columns and some electrical bits so it wasn't a bad little explore.

on with the pics

Front of the building

The miller's cottage

The work shop

From around the mill side

Thanks for looking

chills

Queller of the uprising
Not too bad of a report there Spida, just need a steadier hand or tripod and to invest in a torch!