real time web analytics
Report - - Frankie & Benny’s, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire - December 2021 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Frankie & Benny’s, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire - December 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not much to say about this really, just a purpose-built restaurant for Frankie & Benny’s which was built in 1999, constructed at the same time as Cineworld and the other nearby outlets. Before this the site was home to a very long-standing Bass transport depot which I can’t really recall, but I can remember the mass redevelopment of it and the excitement of a multiplex cinema coming to Burton!

But anyway, Frankie & Benny’s closed for good along with a bunch of other branches nationwide in July 2020 as a result of the pandemic. I’ve been here as a customer a few times over the years, so it was quite weird seeing the place all derped.

The first 4 shots are film as I finished a roll here on my dinner break on the way to the post office to send it off for scanning.

Did I mention it's been completely destroyed by idiots?

The rest are digital pix

That's all from here.​

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice film shots there. With the low light and colours it makes it quite stunning, despite the trash. I love sport, I do hope none of those photos were signed ones?

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Every time I see a Frankie and Bennys' my mind casts back to the numerous times I used to go there and the sheer anxiety that would ensue when the normal music stopped and you hear the unmistakable birthday song across the speakers. It was at that point your head, along with every other child and early teens' head, would look up and search for the poor employees who had been tasked with carrying the sorry excuse of a birthday cake to the poor person who had happened to select this fine venue as a place for a birthday meal. Although if you couldn't locate the cake then the anxiety only worsened as you look to everyone else on your table hoping to not see a fiendish grin glance back, which would hopefully not signify that the cake is yours.

On the brightside there was a Blockbuster next door which restored my faith in humanity.

Anyway, likening the film shots which add to the aesthetic of this place.

Last edited:

ultimateninjaworrier

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I love how achingly corporate FandBs is. Looks identical to my local one. Down to the same crudely assembled photo-pinboard to show their gum-chewin' 50's NYC roots (pre-assmbled in a warehouse in stockport).

Who has read this thread (Total: 314) View details