real time web analytics
Report - - George Barnsley, Cornish Works, Sheffield, May 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - George Barnsley, Cornish Works, Sheffield, May 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Raddog

28DL Full Member
The Kelham Island and Don Valley area of Sheffield is one of my favourite places, the old works and those converted into apartments still have the feel of being back in their Edwardian heyday. The cobbled streets and the atmosphere of an industrial hive of activity aren't too far away. The pubs here are amazing too, from the amazing timewarp Fat Cat to the modern Milestone you can eat amazing food and drink Kelham Island beer in sight of the brewerey.

Dweeb and I have roamed this area for years ticking off works and watching and waiting for others to be doable. George Barnsley was one of the longest to wait for despite being open for short periods here and there, we always seemed to miss it. I actually missed the main visits but did manage to get a cheeky solo visit into my schedule. An amazing place, the cliche 'timewarp' is actually valid here. It goes without saying that awesome and epic are also used. And "the noise" was much made here too.

Enjoy!

507735e2.jpg

5883c5f0.jpg

c262d5aa.jpg

6dbaa6fe.jpg

89b238f6.jpg

1a5f1955.jpg

0109c9d9.jpg

9028afc2.jpg

b62b5064.jpg

a8de4ff1.jpg

04ec09b9.jpg