real time web analytics
Report - - George Barnsley & Sons aka The Cornish Works Sheffield - July 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - George Barnsley & Sons aka The Cornish Works Sheffield - July 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Briefly George Barnsley’s began manufacturing files before becoming one of the world's leading manufacturers of tools for the shoe making and leather trades. Closing in 2003 the place is like a walk through time in both its construction and architecture to the items left behind. A very photogenic explore it will always be a favourite of mine.

Our Visit

Pretty relaxed explore but hard not to stop off when in sheffield, I’ve covered most of the place in excess from the first 2 trip so I had a bit of a mooch around and tried to cover off some different angles and revisited some old favourites like the typhoo tea box. We also discovered a new part had become accessible after someone appears to have smashed through some block work where a doorway once lead into a neighbouring courtyard. I’ll be honest nothing special to see but there was also another building accessible which had a couple more stone sharpening wheels, they weren’t half bad :).

GBS-1.jpg

GBS-2.jpg

GBS-3.jpg

GBS-4.jpg

GBS-5.jpg

GBS-6.jpg

GBS-7.jpg

GBS-8.jpg

GBS-9.jpg

GBS-10.jpg

GBS-11.jpg

GBS-12.jpg

GBS-13.jpg

GBS-14.jpg

GBS-15.jpg

GBS-16.jpg

GBS-17.jpg

GBS-18.jpg

Thanks for looking higher res copies and a few more shots on my website: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/...heffield-south-yorkshire-july-2013-revisit-2/

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details