real time web analytics
Report - - Glaisnock House/School, Ayrshire (December 2016) + Video | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Glaisnock House/School, Ayrshire (December 2016) + Video

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LeeRielly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sup guys.

Only just getting this report up now so it can go along with my video but I visited towards the end of December.

History:
In 1833 this grand house was built for a large family (The Allasons), in 1968 it became a school for rural students of the area and in 2015 it became fully abandoned.
The house was built around 1833, it was designed by James Ingram of Kilmarnock for a Mr James Allason however the house has been extended over the years, not much is known about Mr Allason except that he ranked highly in the military and had some involvement in politics.
The estate was then bought by the County Council and opened as a secondary school in 1952. The school took in boarding students as well as day pupils from 1968 until its closure in June 1973.
The house was bought by a Chinese man in 2014 but he died suddenly from a brain tumour back in August 2015, the result of this was that the plans to renovate the building into a Chinese language and cultural centre were held up, all work stopped at the building back in 2015 and it has been left derelict ever since.

Explore:
We went to the house in the late morning, being careful not to be seen by the people in the little house that is next to the gates (people still live in there), we drove down to the house, initially parking out the front but I thought that would be a silly idea so I shoved my car around the back... I'm glad I did that because we heard someone outside the house when we were upstairs, luckily they never walked around the back :rolleyes: - We found a way in which was very easy to be honest with you, I was expecting a mission to get inside.

On with the pics...

The building itself is nothing short of stunning, how this can just be left to sit there and rot is beyond me...

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

Once inside we were greeted by a maze of corridors, many of which were dark and gloomy but the building was graffiti-less and wasn't heavily vandalised!

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

We came across this room in the basement which was very odd, there was two little "pods" which faced eachother with glass to look through, does anyone know what this would be for? - Very weird...

IMG_2721.jpg

We decided to head upstairs which took us to the ground floor and the "grand entrance"
IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

There wasn't too much to see on the ground floor so we went upstairs towards where the building work was being done back in 2015 when it all came to a halt...

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

Thanks for looking folks!

Would appreciate your time to check out my video which has all the cool stuff like history, drone footage, etc.

Cliffjockey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome pictures, but just one query on the history. I'm pretty sure it didn't close in 1973 as I spent a week here with my school and if I remember rightly that was about 1989 or 1990. Something makes me want to say it closed in the late 90's.

LeeRielly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome pictures, but just one query on the history. I'm pretty sure it didn't close in 1973 as I spent a week here with my school and if I remember rightly that was about 1989 or 1990. Something makes me want to say it closed in the late 90's.
I was just going off this mate, could you offer any insight into the little "pods" with one glass window in each?

Cliffjockey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lee, The honest answer is I'm not sure. I'm struggling to remember as it is 28 years later... ( see what I did there.. ;))
If its OK with you, can I put your photo up on my Facebook and ask a few of my old classmates that went with me? They might be able to shed some light on the mystery pods. Maybe some group discussion between them might stir up some memories of what they actually are.

LeeRielly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lee, The honest answer is I'm not sure. I'm struggling to remember as it is 28 years later... ( see what I did there.. ;))
If its OK with you, can I put your photo up on my Facebook and ask a few of my old classmates that went with me? They might be able to shed some light on the mystery pods. Maybe some group discussion between them might stir up some memories of what they actually are.
Haha I see what you did there ;)

Feel free to share it mate, if you could link the video too then that would be appreciated :cool:

Jo86

28DL Member
28DL Member
I grew up down the road from Glaisnock house. The people who live in the house at the entrance are lovely and wouldn't have bothered you at all. They'd have told you that you're free to drive up to the house.

It's a well loved building by many locals. Dog walkers, kids playing in the grounds. Many fond memories here.

PEUK

@teampeuk
28DL Full Member
I was here today. Standing on the floor at the top of the main entrance looking at the fireplace, some of the roof fell in 10 ft away. I was outta there ASAP.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was here today. Standing on the floor at the top of the main entrance looking at the fireplace, some of the roof fell in 10 ft away. I was outta there ASAP.

very random, good to know the place is still there though... just