real time web analytics
Question - - Godstone mine | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Godstone mine

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey I'm white male 28 years old local to godstone area if anyone would like to meet up and do some field work on an amateur level of course, then please get in touch...

Me and my partner found an entrance to a mine at Godstone is there anyone who can identify it for me please as I would like to know what series it is.
Thank you pm me

Also I found a NGR Point for godstone main and it took me to bakers mead in godstone is this correct? TQ 351525

Last edited:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
the grid ref is no where near godstone main series,there are also many small workings in and around the godstone area ,most of which do not go in very far or have collapsed

Last edited:

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
WCMS (Wealden Cave and Mine Society) manage the Surrey mines access, you're best off contacting them with any questions about the stone mines. There are many between Dorking and Godstone, some accessible, others not.

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The thing is that NGR goes to a back garden a friend use to live in and at the back is a dip like a pond use to be there and then a raised part that's got slabs and hardcore under, so would make sense but obviously it must be wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1786.JPG
    IMG_1786.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 25

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Yeah send a message to Pete at the WCMS and you should be able to arrange for them to let you look round. They hold the keys to the locks to the access points.