real time web analytics
GooooonTube Luge Riding, Isle of Man 2023 | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

GooooonTube Luge Riding, Isle of Man 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
GoonTubery :) Summer 2023

No playing about with speed on the video, that is exactly how it was. Knowing the distance between the stanchions and looking at the times we estimate at fastest it's in the mid 50s kph
Sorry about the wind noise, it was very windy, but I didn't want silence or some random music instead

If you exclude the time carrying the karts across the road with no cars and trying not to be too much in Bungalow station security camera, the actual summit station to just above the depot (at bottom near miners' memorial) took 12 minutes!

For a limited time of viewing...

Apologies for not dropping litter, spray painting the word exit somewhere, or damaging anything. I'll try harder in any more goontubes

CantClimbTom

28DL Full Member
If anyone has suggestions of track to race down (that is not Snowdon Mountain railway or the Cairngorm Funicular) let me know!

CantClimbTom

28DL Full Member
Snaefell, Isle of Man was filmed very early as soon as sunrise but at sunset the same day I also took some shots of descending Snowdon Mountain Railway, which doesn't work as they grease the rails and brakes don't work, so it's no good. I have put together some shots which have no speed (except the end) but I like the cinematic feel of the filming. Would've been even better if I'd used an anamorphic lens, well you live and learn... :(
Anyhow, hopefully it has a pleasing visual effect even if there's no speed. Feast your eyes on sunset colours! No post production filtering needed it was such a lovely orange light naturally