real time web analytics
Report - - Graff Electronic Machines, Lincs (pic heavy) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Graff Electronic Machines, Lincs (pic heavy)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HMGY___

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Can't find alot of information about this place, although it was a factory making cassettes, cassette players, and other similar old school audio products. Judging by a half filled in calendar on the wall, looks like it closed in 2012.

I'll update if I find any more info!

The explore

My partner in crime (dad) is back, woo! This isn't too far from us so we pottered on down for a drive on a glorious sunny afternoon. The place is absolutely trashed however there is so much stuff still there to see, its like they just dropped everything and left! A really cool explore :thumb

Alot of pictures but it was hard to chose a few!

Exterior, nothing fancy

Anyone know what this is?!

Creepy butchers flaps, this is how horror movies happen right?

Thanks for looking!

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
some history for you - - Company GRAFF ELECTRONIC MACHINES LIMITED was a Private Limited Company, registration number 05632486 , established in United Kingdom on the 22 November 2005 The company was dissolved in 2015. . The company [business address] used to be located at CHARLOTTE HOUSE, 19B MARKET PLACE, BINGHAM, NOTTS, NG13 8AP. Manufacturing was at Unit 4 Woodhill Road, Newark . The most recent document is "FINAL GAZETTE: DISSOLVED EX-LIQUIDATED" from 2015. The latest accounts are filed up to 31 December 2010. The latest annual return was filed in 2011 SIC code 27510 - Manufacture of electric domestic appliances However I have found the same company with the same name and office -- Company GRAFF ELECTRONIC MACHINES LIMITED was a Private Limited Company, registration number 01696121, established in United Kingdom on the 1. February 1983. The company was dissolved. The company was in business for 37 years and 6 months. . Business of the company GRAFF ELECTRONIC MACHINES LIMITED by SIC and NACE code were "3230 - Manufacture TV & radio, sound or video etc.", "3220 - Manufacture TV transmitters, telephony etc.". There are 60 company documents available. The most recent document is "FINAL GAZETTE: DISSOLVED EX-LIQUIDATED" from the 2008.08.01. The latest accounts are filed up to 2003.12.31. The latest annual return was filed up to 2005.05.09. The total number of directors was so far 4. The total number of secretaries was 3. Data on this page were generated on the 2020.08.10 . These 2 sources of information don't agree apart from the business address

Last edited:

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Thank you! There's not alot about this place online :)
You have stumbled on a company with the same name, same business address and 2 different company numbers and data. I'm unable to find a link to these 2 companies at the moment. Manufacturing site of first company unknown. You have definitely found the manufacturing site of the 2005 - 2015 company - well done. The second company actually has the name of Graff of Newark Ltd - formed the year that the first company published their last annual return so definitely a link.

Last edited:

HMGY___

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You have stumbled on a company with the same name, same business address and 2 different company numbers and data. I'm unable to find a link to these 2 companies at the moment. Manufacturing site of first company unknown. You have definitely found the manufacturing site of the 2005 - 2015 company - well done. The second company actually has the name of Graff of Newark Ltd - formed the year that the first company published their last annual return so definitely a link.
Yeah I saw the Graff of Newark company when I was having a Google and thought the same,definitely linked somehow

westernsultan

Banned
Banned

Yeah I saw the Graff of Newark company when I was having a Google and thought the same,definitely linked somehow
What I have found out is the business address in Bingham Notts is actually an insolvency company so both businesses used the same insolvency company to wind up their businesses

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Nice report. I wouldnt have said it's pic heavy. Seems you've posted a reasonable amount of photos to show the place well. :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice find, even though its pretty trashed it still looks a decent mooch about. I find these places & their history interesting as I have relatives that work in places like this.:thumb

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fancy leaving that Tektronix scope - perfectly good for modern work. Oh and that fly press, I need one if somebody could pocket it...

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Fancy leaving that Tektronix scope - perfectly good for modern work. Oh and that fly press, I need one if somebody could pocket it...

Doesn't the tag say faulty no display though?. Not sure if its a CRT based one and that's popped.. quite easily the power going to into it

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Doesn't the tag say faulty no display though?. Not sure if its a CRT based one and that's popped.. quite easily the power going to into it
Yes, but easilly repairable and worth doing. Yes, it is CRT based but the tubes rarely fail.

Who has read this thread (Total: 335) View details