real time web analytics
Report - - Graff Electronic Machines, Lincs (pic heavy) | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Graff Electronic Machines, Lincs (pic heavy)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adrian1963

28DL Member
28DL Member
History

Can't find alot of information about this place, although it was a factory making cassettes, cassette players, and other similar old school audio products. Judging by a half filled in calendar on the wall, looks like it closed in 2012.

I'll update if I find any more info!

The explore

My partner in crime (dad) is back, woo! This isn't too far from us so we pottered on down for a drive on a glorious sunny afternoon. The place is absolutely trashed however there is so much stuff still there to see, its like they just dropped everything and left! A really cool explore :thumb

Alot of pictures but it was hard to chose a few!

Exterior, nothing fancy

Anyone know what this is?!

Creepy butchers flaps, this is how horror movies happen right?

Thanks for looking!

Prior to being used by Tector Limited and later Graff Electronics, this was Woodhill County Secondary Modern School which operated between 1954 and 1978. I was a pupil at the school between 1974 and 1977 and have many happy memories of the place which had immaculate buildings and beautifully maintained grounds. The first picture at the top of your slide show is the old assembly hall which also doubled as a gynmasium. For several years a local amateur drama group used the hall for plays - something I quite liked as it was off bounds to pupils at those times and we were spared assemblies. I was allowed to look around the premises in 2008 when they were still being used for industrial purposes and even then, things weren't pretty. However I have to declare myself horrified to see pictures of the buildings in such a dreadful state. Although I knew things must be bad in there but this is shocking beyond belief. The company that used the site seem to have left all their rubbish behind. They could at least have had the decency to dispose of it and leave the place looking reasonably straight.

Doug Cooper

28DL Member
28DL Member
some history for you - - Company GRAFF ELECTRONIC MACHINES LIMITED was a Private Limited Company, registration number 05632486 , established in United Kingdom on the 22 November 2005 The company was dissolved in 2015. . The company [business address] used to be located at CHARLOTTE HOUSE, 19B MARKET PLACE, BINGHAM, NOTTS, NG13 8AP. Manufacturing was at Unit 4 Woodhill Road, Newark . The most recent document is "FINAL GAZETTE: DISSOLVED EX-LIQUIDATED" from 2015. The latest accounts are filed up to 31 December 2010. The latest annual return was filed in 2011 SIC code 27510 - Manufacture of electric domestic appliances However I have found the same company with the same name and office -- Company GRAFF ELECTRONIC MACHINES LIMITED was a Private Limited Company, registration number 01696121, established in United Kingdom on the 1. February 1983. The company was dissolved. The company was in business for 37 years and 6 months. . Business of the company GRAFF ELECTRONIC MACHINES LIMITED by SIC and NACE code were "3230 - Manufacture TV & radio, sound or video etc.", "3220 - Manufacture TV transmitters, telephony etc.". There are 60 company documents available. The most recent document is "FINAL GAZETTE: DISSOLVED EX-LIQUIDATED" from the 2008.08.01. The latest accounts are filed up to 2003.12.31. The latest annual return was filed up to 2005.05.09. The total number of directors was so far 4. The total number of secretaries was 3. Data on this page were generated on the 2020.08.10 . These 2 sources of information don't agree apart from the business address
Gr
Graff Electronic Machines Ltd (GEM) was formed in the early 1980's when AVT Holdings of Domestic Street Leeds, bought an insolvent company that had been developing High Speed Cassette Duplicators. At the time I was working with sister company Tector Ltd, a company involved in FLIGHT SIMULATION visual systems. Initially I was Jack Of All trades, engineer, technical, author, instructor and salesman.. I was approached by Mr AV Tushingam the group chairman and offered the position of Technical Director, along with engineers Bob Booth , Nick Flint and Brian Cobb. During the second year, Greg Wealthall Perry joined the team as Sales Director. Alan Leonard , a draughtsman at Tector Ltd, later joined the team as General Manager. We shared facilities with our sister company, TECTOR LTD, who initially produced the printed circuit boards, but latterly we did our own production. I left GEM in 1990.

Who has read this thread (Total: 335) View details