real time web analytics
Report - - Grand-Ouvrage Brehain - France - August 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grand-Ouvrage Brehain - France - August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ikkdjct

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi,

For my second explore I visited the Grand-Ouvrage Brehain in France, one of the large bunkers of the Maginot Line, with a friend of mine. The Grand-Ouvrage Brehain is located in France, just across the border from Luxembourg, not far from the Terre-Rouge site. This was another easy explore since the locations of the Maginot bunkers are well documented on the web (see for example openstreetmap.org) and there is practically no security. We spend several hours in there exploring but missed a few bits as some corridors were underwater and we had no wellies with us.

History (Wikipedia):

Ouvrage Brehain is part of the Fortified Sector of the Crusnes of the Maginot Line, located near the community of Bréhain-la-Ville in the Meurthe-et-Moselle département of France. Bréhain is flanked by petits ouvrages Mauvais Bois and Aumetz. The gros ouvrage was equipped with long-range artillery, and faced the border with Luxembourg. It saw no major action in either the Battle of France in 1940 or the Lorraine Campaign of 1944. It cost 84 millions francs to build.

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg