real time web analytics
Report - - Graving Docks Pump House (West Float, Birkenhead, Aug, 2020) | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Graving Docks Pump House (West Float, Birkenhead, Aug, 2020)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

synchronoscope

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lovely explore and great pics as always. That black and white pic seems to suggest an earlier smaller pump house with chimney closer to the drydocks, it looks as if part of it is still there, did you check it out? Interesting how the victorian buildings have been modified and cut down once electrified, seems to common to most of these pump sites in the area. Thanks!

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Lovely explore and great pics as always. That black and white pic seems to suggest an earlier smaller pump house with chimney closer to the drydocks, it looks as if part of it is still there, did you check it out? Interesting how the victorian buildings have been modified and cut down once electrified, seems to common to most of these pump sites in the area. Thanks!

I had a quick look in the other building on my first attempt, https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/floating-around-birkenhead-wallasey-2017-2018.114661/

The seaward half was empty, the rest looked like a workshop. Didn't have time to investigate further because the cameras there are monitored and someone kicked me out.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cracking place, we've got loads of worthing Simpson pumps (alot smaller though) at work I never realised they been trading for so long.

Who has read this thread (Total: 253) View details