real time web analytics
Report - - Grimsby Ice House 03-2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grimsby Ice House 03-2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Grimsby Ice House, what can you say about this place other than it's amazing and at the same time a bit of a death trap (in parts) that put aside i loved it in here, it was a beautiful day which made it evan more enjoyable and spent a good few hours in here, more than we should have as getting out was worse than getting in it's quite a busy place no matter when you go. however don't let this put you off if your going i highly recommend it.

The Grimsby Ice Company Building​
The Grimsby Ice Company was founded in the 19th century. Its purpose was to bring back natural ice from Norway in order to keep the catch of fish fresh.

The Ice House was built in 1900 and closed in 1990. The red brick building consisted of two factories separated by a passage. At its prime it produced 1,270 metric tons of ice every 24 hours. Water was taken from local bore holes and placed in moulds containing brine. When the ice was required conveyer belts took the three-hundred weight blocks to a crusher. The crushed ice was then taken by another conveyer belt to the quay side where it was dropped into the fish room of the trawlers via a chute. At a later stage cement mixers were converted to deliver the ice.

The main part is behind this i just like the shot​
grima.jpg

grimb.jpg

grimc.jpg

grimd.jpg

grime.jpg

grimf.jpg

grimg.jpg

grimh.jpg

grimi.jpg

grimj.jpg

grimk.jpg