real time web analytics
Report - - Grimsby Odeon Cinema | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grimsby Odeon Cinema

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

vaughtex

28DL Member
28DL Member
Haven't seen this one on the forum yet, so I thought i'd post it. Taken about 2 weeks ago, I was lucky enough to get inside the Grimsby Odeon cinema which has been closed for a considerable time (it might be cheating, but REMOVED by Mod). This place has some personal significance, I used to work there as a student and also went at least every month to watch a movie since the age of about 5.

It shut in mid 2002 due to Odeon head office / funding issues and the new legislation for disabled access, something that would cost Odeon upwards of £200,000 due to the age of the building and the amount of stairs in both the foyer, screens and fire escapes. Because of the size and turnover of the cinema, it wasn't viable.
It briefly re-opened (for a month) in 2009 as an independent before closing for good.

This has to be my scariest urbex experience so far. I was locked inside the massive building on my own, my only exit was the fire escape. Because the cinema is due to be demolished in 2011/2012 all of the sound proofing, seats, projectors, screens etc have been removed. As a result, any noise was both amplified and reverberated all around me. Noises from outside (including at one point a girl skipping and singing) absolutely terrified me!

Hope you like my shots, I have a lot more, especially of the foyer area, staff room and another screen, but these are the best of the bunch. If you want more i'll upload.

Projection room
IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2164-2.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

Cinema Screen 3
IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

Cinema Screen 1

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg