Web
Analytics
Report - - Gripper drain - Manchester - June 15 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Gripper drain - Manchester - June 15

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
Gripper Drain - Manchester

Well, after a period of inactivity due to a glass back and lazy arse,
I thought I'd take it back to where it all began with my first whiff of fresh 'Gripper drain'

It's a short but sweet affair, clean a whistle and with a few nice little features

1-gripperentrance_zpsbrpsosme.jpg

The once gated outfall, with the distinctive gripper walkways on either side

1-DSC08527_zpsviowav7r.jpg

1-gripperselfie_zpsbuyittau.jpg

1-gripperrmiddle_zpsxscwmuhw.jpg

can't whack a nice afternoon stroll through an arachnid infested hole in the ground

1-grippermiddle2_zpsjslzluep.jpg

1-grippercurve_zpswygfifqw.jpg

brick into concrete box section and as with most manc drains, a bit of spraycrete for effect

1-gripperend_zpsbeidok14.jpg

and with the grated infall..were done, hardly awe inspiring but still a nice wander :thumb

anubis

28" Member
Regular User
Used to love going through there as a kid.
'Witch's Tunnel' it used to be known as then.
Looks like it has been cleaned up a fair bit recently.