real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - GUILDFORD FIRE STATION- SURREY- JUNE 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) GUILDFORD FIRE STATION- SURREY- JUNE 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

soylent green

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited we BigBadAsh, SB80 and Thrifty.

There comes a time when you have to make a sacrifice or two to get where you need to go. Step forward BigBadAsh and his gas guzzling,15 miles per gallon Volvo estate,which he donated to Guildford Fire station. Now it just so happened that Guildford has just acquired a brand new ,state of the art station, which is right next to the old fire station ( you can see where this is going;) ) So anyway BBA asked if it would be possible to have a quick look round the old place and Bingo we were in. You could tell and feel that this had been a special place for these brave guys for many years and although the new place was more practical, it lacked the history of the old place. We first looked around the main building, which had a social club up stairs with a bar , which was closed about ten years ago, kitchen ,rest room. sleeping quarters and the classic firemans pole, which we all had a go at:thumb and then went out the back to visit the Tower , Smoke house and the compressor room which filled up the oxygen tanks. The smoke house was a breeze block building full of old furniture and this was filled with smoke ,all operated from a master control panel. Not a bad site and we would like to thank all the guys who helped us out on this,its always good to hear first hand stories from people who used the building.

History
Not much i' m afraid. The Station opened in 1937 and remained in use until May 2015. The land has been sold off to developers and the money used to build the new modern facility

Pictures from the main building

g%20fire1_zpspcjsi4dr.jpg

guildford_zpspkdr5oro.jpg

guildford1_zpssd7lgxcs.jpg

guildford2_zpswkcvko6u.jpg

guildford3_zpsrzarnxfi.jpg

guildford4_zpskziekr1g.jpg

guildford6_zps7l63ipnq.jpg

guildford12_zps8utqzo1x.jpg

guildford8_zps3rbbnkdw.jpg

guildford10_zpsfcvv0vec.jpg

guildford13_zpslxalbl9i.jpg

THE TRAINING TOWER

guildford14_zpsbzz3gwyi.jpg

guildford18_zpscotcwxyw.jpg

OLD STATION ON THE RIGHT NEW ONE ON THE LEFT

guildford15_zpsqlskdssu.jpg

SMOKE TRAINING HOUSE AND COMPRESSOR ROOM

guildford16_zpsjhbbqmpr.jpg

guildford17_zpswrzsa9gw.jpg

g%20fire_zpsye2tfkim.jpg

g%20fire2_zpsulmybpnq.jpg

Once again ,thanks to the guys at Guildford Fire Station:Not Worthy
Thanks for looking:thumb

kevin arnold

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
great report, the place looks really interesting. i wouldn't mind having a mooch myself and seeing if they haven't left any halligan bars ;) i dream of having one.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Hope you took a trip down the firemans pole?

Good looking place to have a mooch around, cheers for sharing :thumb

bhg

In Search of Lost Time
Regular User
it looks great SG! no pics on fireman's pole?
thanks for sharing!

soylent green

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Just checked and all my pictures have gone on all of my reports that i have just looked at. I have got a problem with photo bucket at the moment:(