real time web analytics
Report - - H.M.S Intrepid......Aug 08... | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - H.M.S Intrepid......Aug 08...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stepping lightly

Stolenmoments
28DL Full Member
The dictionary definition of the word INTREPID is fearless , daring and bold and that's what you have to be to get a last look at this beauty before it gets chopped up for scrap erm sorry recycling..
Now I could hit you with lodes of figures dates and facts about the ship but I'm not going to , for three reasons really , one my laptop is going to blue screen at any moment and I would loose it all , two put H.M.S Intrepid into google and there are the facts , pages of them and the third reason for me to quote something Dasnkt said recently it was more about the journey..
Ive recced this now for a week solid , day , night all night watching all the comings and going of other ships but they didn't seem to matter it was all about this boat........
IMG_4615.jpg

Night time.....
IMG_4598.jpg

I wont harp on about how difficult it would be to get on board but will say getting caught was not an option..Anyway Ill show the pics and perhaps add a bit more in the middle..
IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4653-1.jpg

IMG_4644.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

We heard a phone ringing and went in to answer it....
IMG_4658.jpg

The generator...
IMG_4660.jpg

Now this next room was a bit of a Revelation to me , during to Falklands war my brothers ship was bombed and the missile came into his mess and killed all his mates he had just gone to the laundry when he came back all his closest friends were blown in bits he saved the ones that where still alive by carrying them to helicopters and tried to sort out which parts belonged to who with the rest , he was given a gallantry medal but his spirit died with his pals and sat there last night i tried to imagine how it must have been.....
IMG_4656.jpg

Scott on the bridge..
IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

And again making his way off the ship...
IMG_4667.jpg

Looking back it was a week well spent...
IMG_4625.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
WOW... Fair play for cracking it fellas... looks one amazing night. The bunks look a bit uninviting without the grizzly history. Where is she to be scrapped? Hartleypool to add to the ever growing collection?!

Raddog

28DL Full Member
haha, nice! Ghost ships, the next big thing! Who'd have thought it, hopefully we get more coming!

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
I'm changing my prediction very late in the year:

I now pronounce it "Year of the Rusty Ship" ;)

Raddog

28DL Full Member
And to think, people were saying that "UE" would die once the Asylums had all gone...