real time web analytics
Report - - Hall Green Greyhound Track, Birmingham - October 2017 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hall Green Greyhound Track, Birmingham - October 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Explore
Another Birmingham explore and something very different to the usual... having only been closed for a few months I wasnt expecting much from it and knew it would be very new, always prefer something older and a little more decayed really.. even so it was a good laugh having a wander about in there and playing around with the drone on the track was good as well..

The History

The Greyhound Racing Association bought the plot of land, originally known as the Olympia Sports Ground, and the Hall Green stadium was opened on 24th August 1927. It was the first Greyhound racing track to be opened in the city. Facilities at the time included the main stand and stands on the opposite Side of the track. The stadium also hosted speedway races between 1928 ans 1938.
Investment in the stadium in 1970 saw the track become one of the major provisionals in the country and £750,000 was spent on the clubhouse and a new electronic tote board was built. In 1981 the track was changed to its present all sand surface replacing the grass straights , under-soil heating was also installed. In 1987 a snooker club was introduced and in 1989 the hotel "The Lodge" was built.
Fast forward to the present day and the last race meeting was held at Hall Green on the 29th July 2017 Planning permission was granted to the sites owner (Euro property investments) to demolish the stadium and the 48 room hotel to build 210 new houses on the land.

25028811788_8d09b9e6c7_k.jpg

24035621707_31bfe4220b_k.jpg

24035620207_bd3beef2e1_k.jpg

38184865744_f8d3b55c8c_k.jpg

24035618277_d8f706779b_k.jpg

25028815858_c9661d3ab3_k.jpg

25028814948_29ec339137_k.jpg

24035616157_1de99da3e2_k.jpg

25028813758_177b539952_k.jpg

24035614877_a039e43cde_k.jpg

25028812468_d7d833bdc6_k.jpg

Little video from there as well.. no vlogging and only just over 2 minutes long if you fancy a watch, majority of it is drone footage really..

The_Raw

Staff member
Wimbledon needs doing as well, amazed nobody has nailed that yet. Just a bigger version of this really, looks pretty similar inside from what I can remember

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Wimbledon needs doing as well, amazed nobody has nailed that yet. Just a bigger version of this really, looks pretty similar inside from what I can remember

I'm amazed nobody has done Wimbledon yet either. Although after the pikeys in the car park were turfed out back in the spring they put much better security on the perimeter. If I'm honest I was surprised nobody had done Coventry before I went for a little wander either.

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Went here yesterday windows are all smashed so was able to fly drone in and around the building and back out to the track on each building. And when it came to night time we turned on all the outside signage lights and stadium lights it looked sick.

lou2209

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here yesterday windows are all smashed so was able to fly drone in and around the building and back out to the track on each building. And when it came to night time we turned on all the outside signage lights and stadium lights it looked sick.

It's a shame, this place was perfect when I first posted it!

Ethan Fitzpatrick

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Check out my report bro, it should be in the similar threads
Ive looked at your report, although it doesnt mention anything about security. I see about the alarm, could you tell me which door seemed to trigger this alarm, and if it was very obvious like if it was loud, what it sounded like etc so i know what to look out for when i next go.

Thanks for your help though

UrbanFoxCub

Banned
Ive looked at your report, although it doesnt mention anything about security. I see about the alarm, could you tell me which door seemed to trigger this alarm, and if it was very obvious like if it was loud, what it sounded like etc so i know what to look out for when i next go.

Thanks for your help though
NO SECURITY AND NO ALARM.
I was there recently place is so wide open.

The alarm is in one of the buildings but its a burgular alarm and being my other urbex pal is an alarm engineer he was able to enter a code and disarm it

UrbanFoxCub

Banned
When you went were there any security of any kind? I went quite recently with a friend and were chased away by a few gents in high vis coats.

Must of been travellers there is zero security here was here all night and all day ome saturday. No sign of anyone bar a few explorers

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah it’s such a shame tbf tho the housing will be completed by tossers of a development agency who build unaffordable housing and demolish everything but I did go to this before it’s been demod about 3 times and I went the week before demolition was due