real time web analytics
Report - - Harold Wood Maternity Hospital,Nov/Dec 09 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harold Wood Maternity Hospital,Nov/Dec 09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Flubbera87

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N
28DL Full Member
Harwold Wood Maternity Hospital

Number 2 on our list for the day.
My good friend BeGood hooked up with us on this trip, after driving past him twice waiting outside the station and getting out on the phone “Im over hereâ€..While jumping and waving. :thumb

It did take us awhile to find a good place to get over the fence, and just as long to find a spot to gain access. In the end it was staring us in the face.
We had hoped to see the mortuary, but we were foiled about 2 hours later by BFG and his pet. (Not a dog)
Once inside we decided that we should start from the roof as we are all young and taking the stairs in one go will be a doddle… HA. I do run, but walking fast up those stairs with a torch then up the narrow staircase did make my feet feel a lot heavier.. (Those of you that have been there know what I mean..dont hide it.)
Good views from the roof, would have been better in the dark, but hey.
Working our way down through the wards came across pigeon guano city..(BeGood has a good shot of this), Which me and BeGood had to both push open the door, while Mook stood there in disgust… LOL.
We realised that time was quickly winding down and we still had one more place to visit on the way back home. On the 2nd floor we were seen and followed the Sucurity guys down to the hut (I know we didn’t have to but I felt like wasting there time.), To witch I am glad we did…The woman that was asking the same questions over and over was HOT… (No photos but trust me), But not for me as she couldn’t even spell my last name… (Dawson…She put Dorsen, Dorson, Darson, Dawsen, then Dawson… Well done) :crazy After being asked the same questions over and over we walked our way back to the car to begin our journey back home.(We gave our names as we felt like cooperating at the start, but that dwindled as time went by.)

Thanks BeGood for tagging along, Do join us again !

History, which has been done sooo many times before (Don’t want to let the side down)
Harold Wood Hospital was a hospital in London, United Kingdom. It was located in Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood, in the London Borough of Havering. London South Bank University Havering campus is located at the hospital site.

The hospital was opened in 1909 by West Ham County Borough council, as the Grange convalescent home for children, which operated with the nearby Plaistow fever hospital. The Grange had been a private house, built in 1884 by John Compton, owner of the Gubbins estate. The convalescent home was maintained by the county borough until the Second World War, as an emergency hospital. After the war it became a permanent hospital, and in the 1960s was significantly enlarged.

The hospital later became part of the Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. It was closed on 13 December 2006 with patients and functions relocated to Queen's Hospital and to King George Hospital. The site vacated by the hospital has been earmarked for a 470-home housing development. The original plan to keep certain NHS facilities has been superseded and the entire plot has been approved for residential development. Local residents are opposing the proposal of over 800 dwellings, including a 9 storey block.

SDC12355.jpg

SDC12354.jpg

SDC12360.jpg

SDC12368.jpg

SDC12377.jpg

SDC12382.jpg

SDC12390.jpg

SDC12391.jpg

SDC12386.jpg

SDC12399.jpg

SDC12411.jpg

SDC12401.jpg

SDC12407.jpg

SDC12420.jpg

SDC12432.jpg

SDC12431.jpg

SDC12383.jpg

Better late than never, I feel that I am well due another visit..Even if it is just to see the Hot security guard..lol

Flubbs

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details