real time web analytics
Report - - Harperbury Hospital Feb 11 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harperbury Hospital Feb 11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Today was a bit of a blast from the past for me. I have happy memories driving round and round the M25 on summers days battering the asylum list in Turk's saxo...

Things moved on and I tired of asylums, big time. My interest in exploring hospitals has been re-kindled of late, and looking through my photographs from 2004 - 07 it became quite clear that many of them were poor in comparison to the standard I try to maintain these days.

So a list was made of all the asylums that I have been to which are still standing and are noteworthy enough to demand a revisit. Harperbury, although being what I would class as a "fetted pit of dispair" does have a jewel in it's crown... an intact padded cell.

So Speed Laura and I met up early this morning to see just what was left of Harperbury.

Built in the villa coloney style, Harperbury is a sprawling hospital, part live but mostly derelict and in some parts virtually ruinous! The cell remains despite all this decay and damage and I must say I enjoyed photographing it. STILL no sign of the row of padded cells I remember seeing a photo of in 2005, it must have been stripped out because we went in every derelict building we saw today...

harp25of25.jpg

harp24of25.jpg

harp23of25.jpg

harp22of25.jpg

harp21of25.jpg

harp20of25.jpg

harp19of25.jpg

harp18of25.jpg

harp17of25.jpg

harp16of25.jpg

harp15of25.jpg

harp14of25.jpg