real time web analytics
Report - - Harperbury Hospital, Radlett - Various 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harperbury Hospital, Radlett - Various 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Harperbury Hospital was a former mental health and learning disailbities hospital built on the remains of world war 1 hangers.

I've had quite a few enjoyable jaunts around Harperbury over the last 3 months both solo and one funny evening adventure with @Disco Kitten . I never really imagined going back to the fettid pit of the outer ring of buildings but then the rest of the hospital closed and its been one of the most enjoyable explores for yonks. I'm a sucker for hospitals so I'm probably biased. Some of the midweek visits have been lively with random security patrols and vans turning around corners when I least expect. I probably haven't got around as much as I'd like. Then again I don't think my work here is finished just yet!

1.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

34.jpg

29.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

45.jpg

44.jpg

Some more on the website - http://www.whateversleft.co.uk/hospitals/harperbury-hospital-raddlet-2

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice, I really must go and see that hall at some stage.

Has anyone got a photo of the legendary row of padded cells..?!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Nice, I really must go and see that hall at some stage.

Has anyone got a photo of the legendary row of padded cells..?!

Had this discussion with Pete C when re-doing County Asylums. As he used to explore with Nutbolt who was the person who famously put that image up. However he looked through his pictures and couldn't find any of note. He does rememeber them and said they were located in 7 or 9 Meadow Avenue block which was for epileptic men hence why there were so many in one place. They were buldozed very early on hence why there are very few - if any - photos of them online.

I can't remember who posted this map, but you can see the location of where those buildings were.. long since gone.

harp.jpg

Thatsmejustg

28DL Member
28DL Member
I visited here earlier this year and I think I explored a different building to yourself, loved it until got caught. Which part of the map were these photos taken!?