real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Hastings Ice rink campaign observer 26/9/08 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Hastings Ice rink campaign observer 26/9/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Just found this on the Hastings observer website http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/newshastings/Facebook-campaign-to-reinstate-ice.4532119.jp

Used 8 of my pics sneaky buggers :banghead

26 September 2008

Pictures of a faded seafront attraction

« Previous
« Previous1 2Next » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date:
26 September 2008
By Chrissie Daniels
AN online group with hundreds of members is calling on the council to bring back Hastings ice rink which has lain derelict for more than a decade.
But so far all they are getting is a frosty response to the idea.

The former White Rock rink closed down in 1997 and has been a deserted eyesore on the town's seafront ever since.

A 'Bring Back Hastings Ice Rink' group on social networking site Facebook is demanding its return, and has recruited over 800 members with more joining every day.

Originally opened in 1874 as White Rock Baths, the building then became a cinema and finally an ice rink.

The nearest ice rink to Hastings is Gillingham, which is over a two-hour round trip.

Many people have left angry comments on the Facebook website, accusing the council of not doing enough.

Naomi Kilby said: "Bring it back! It was the best place to hang out on a Saturday afternoon as a teenager."

Caroline Dunmall wrote: "Hastings kids are missing out!"

The rink holds more poignant memories for some people. Marie Appleton wrote: "I had my first date at the ice rink with my husband."

Alleged plans to turn the rink into a car park have been slated, with Sarah Goldsack McWilliams saying: "Turning it into a carpark? What an absolute shame!

"Can't believe Hastings Council has let it get into the state on the photos! Regenerate the Ice Rink! It's exactly what the town needs, not another car park!"

However parking proposals have been dismissed by the council.

A council spokesman said: "The former White Rock Baths is actually now owned by the Foreshore Trust, although Hastings Borough Council still caretakes it. It is in extremely poor condition inside, with the slowly rotting remains of two swimming pools, and the rusting remains of the pumping and ice-making equipment.

"It would need a lot of money spent on stripping out the materials and a lot more on converting it for alternative use. A number of serious leisure operators and consultants have looked around the baths over the past ten years. All have said that the costs involved in making the site useable again are significantly higher than developing alternative brownfield or greenfield sites in the town. As far as we know there are no plans to turn it into a car park.

"There is a motion to install an ice rink in the town each winter and this will be discussed by members at the Cabinet meeting in November."

The full article contains 427 words and appears in n/a newspaper.

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Well if they have nicked your pics all I can say is ..................... Kerching!!!!!
Get the fookers billed mate as what they have done is known as theft!!!!!!!!!!! Check on here on how to bill them :thumb

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Can you do that if it didnt go into print and was just used on a web sight ?

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Who owns the pics???? that would be you flower :thumb
Did they ask your permission? look like not. Bill the cunts ;)

E

edna

They may have a bit of a catch-22 thing going here mind.

If you go Oi they are my pics!

They could well bring up the question of Oi what were you doing there?

I hope it works out for you as journalists are getting lazier by the day and are just culling "their" work from the internet and laying claim to it.

R

robbiec

Think that you should re visit we would love to see more, especially the baths aera, the tunnells go on for ages and there iss flooded rooms let us know if you revisit would be great to see alot more!!

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
They may have a bit of a catch-22 thing going here mind.

If you go Oi they are my pics!

They could well bring up the question of Oi what were you doing there?

I hope it works out for you as journalists are getting lazier by the day and are just culling "their" work from the internet and laying claim to it.

Trespass isn't criminal. Theft is :thumb

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Invioce them. As a journalist on the nationals I can assure you that they know the copyright belongs to the person that pressed the button on the camera. As a local or regional paper, I would bill them for 20 quid a picture. Regards, Dexter.

Try for £50 mate as plenty of people go for that price on here also just for the damn cheek of nicking your pics.

F

fyremoon

The observer has a history of stealing other people's pictures and then doctoring them to match their stories.

Seek advice from a solicitor before approaching the editor, since a formal letter on solicitors headed notepaper may result in a swift pay out.

I have advised one victim to take the observer to court for libel and copyright theft after they stole her pics and then doctored them before proceeding to publish lies about her.

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Anyone got the link that used to be on here about stolen pics, would be much appreciated, i emailed them a couple of days ago and they couldnt even be botherd to reply, so bollox to them, they can pay now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details