real time web analytics
Report - - Haus der Offiziere, Wunsdorf, Germany - July 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Haus der Offiziere, Wunsdorf, Germany - July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In 1910 a military training camp was built, the now abandoned Haus der Offiziere was added in 1914 as military sports school, which was later adopted seamlessly by the Nazis. This was just part of the huge site which became known as Wünsdorf or “Little Moscow” in the 1950’s. The town which grew to accommodate 35,000 people from the Soviet republic was significant in size and worthy of its nickname. As with many other areas of Germany the Russians withdrew in 1994, since this time the town has remained largely unoccupied. A significant number of the former Soviet buildings are currently up for sale with various suggested development opportunities, it its possible that this will once again become a thriving town but for now little Moscow is left rotting away.

Visited with Andy K, Lowri, Scott, Stussy and Carl. Another giant military site was to be our next location, this time the previous use of the now abandoned Haus der Offiziere was a Sports training facility as relatively small part of a large military town occupied by the Russians until the mid 1990’s. As we approached the site it was clear that a significant number of the nearby buildings were also unoccupied and derelict. Lots of stripped out apartment buildings mixed in among occupied ones it was quite unusual. The sports complex is separated off with its own fence and secured pretty well. There are several buildings on site and we managed to gain access to the majority with the exception of the Officers House. Some of my favourite features in this place were the Spiral Staircase in the main building, the indoor swimming pool and The corridor which lit up with the backlit picture of a Russian soldier.

Hausderoffiziere-1.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-2.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-3.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-4.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-5.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-6.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-7.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-8.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-9.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-10.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-11.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-12.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-13.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-14.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-15.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-16.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-17.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-18.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-19.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-20.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-21.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-22.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-23.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-24.jpg

Hausderoffiziere-25.jpg

Thanks for checking out the report, higher res copies of the above photos and loads more from here on my blog: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2014/12/21/urbex-haus-der-offiziere-wunsdorf-germany-july-2014/

The_Raw

Staff member
FFS I didn't realise there was anything other than the officers building.... Definitely need to pencil this in next time I'm over that way, some epic pictures there :thumb

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers everyone its rather nice this place

FFS I didn't realise there was anything other than the officers building.... Definitely need to pencil this in next time I'm over that way, some epic pictures there :thumb

Dude! deffo stick it on the list PM me before you go and i'll sort you some info out theres a few nice buildings to check out! pool and theatre were my favourite tbh, main officers building is cool but the other ones are wear its at :p

Ant2011

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great set of photos from a great location.
I have been there twice (and got some amazing shots of the boilers for the swimming pool), but have never seen your "Room with table and world map" and "Backlit poster of soldier". Which part of the building are they in?

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks @The Shepshed Diamondback Glad you like them :)

Great set of photos from a great location.
I have been there twice (and got some amazing shots of the boilers for the swimming pool), but have never seen your "Room with table and world map" and "Backlit poster of soldier". Which part of the building are they in?

Both in the Main Officers building... the backlit soldier was a tricky one to find as it's just in a corridor... lights are off I just saw an extension cable running to a plug and hit the switch and it lit up like fucking Christmas tree :D winner! I think second floor somewhere but might be slightly off with that... the room with the world map and war memorabilia if memory serves me correct would be if you're looking at building from the front from the main doors go right its ground floor about 2-4 doors down on the right again :).

I missed the boilers in the swimming pool but have seen some snaps they look rather nice :) It's a lovely place I'd definitely go back!

Ant2011

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Both in the Main Officers building... the backlit soldier was a tricky one to find as it's just in a corridor... lights are off I just saw an extension cable running to a plug and hit the switch and it lit up like fucking Christmas tree :D winner! I think second floor somewhere but might be slightly off with that... the room with the world map and war memorabilia if memory serves me correct would be if you're looking at building from the front from the main doors go right its ground floor about 2-4 doors down on the right again :).

I missed the boilers in the swimming pool but have seen some snaps they look rather nice :) It's a lovely place I'd definitely go back!

I will do a couple of posts soon, with my photos of the Haus Der Offiziere and the Bunkers.

Maybe they have removed the desk and maps since you went, because I'm pretty sure I saw every room on the ground floor.