real time web analytics
hello this is warning for fiddler ferry | New Members Introduction | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

hello this is warning for fiddler ferry

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excuse my ignorance on this but what happened to civil trespass ? How Likely is a prosecution ? Don’t they need to prove they forced their way in ??

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
Excuse my ignorance on this but what happened to civil trespass ? How Likely is a prosecution ? Don’t they need to prove they forced their way in ??
They’re talking out an injunction to prevent further trespass. The injunction won’t change the nature of the wrong (it’s still civil trespass), but the remedy is different… breaching the court order would be contempt of court so people could conceivably end up with a hefty fine or in extreme cases going to prison.

Standard civil trespass is something anyone can be sued for (because is “actionable per se”, you don’t have to suffer loss), so you’re typically entitled to nominal damages (a few quid)… unless you can show actual damage (which could conceivably be lost revenue had you permitted the trespass for a fee). All a bit shite and not a good deterrent.

But! You can apply to the high court for an injunction, effectively giving the court similar powers as criminal trespass, just for contempt of court. Plus, you get to penalise people who have historically trespassed if you can identify them, by making them pay your hefty solicitors price tag.

For soggy derps and stuff like that no one is going to bother, but for abandoned power stations and buildings owned by Lloyds of London, well… discretion is probably better than rustling their jimmies.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They’re talking out an injunction to prevent further trespass. The injunction won’t change the nature of the wrong (it’s still civil trespass), but the remedy is different… breaching the court order would be contempt of court so people could conceivably end up with a hefty fine or in extreme cases going to prison.

Standard civil trespass is something anyone can be sued for (because is “actionable per se”, you don’t have to suffer loss), so you’re typically entitled to nominal damages (a few quid)… unless you can show actual damage (which could conceivably be lost revenue had you permitted the trespass for a fee). All a bit shite and not a good deterrent.

But! You can apply to the high court for an injunction, effectively giving the court similar powers as criminal trespass, just for contempt of court. Plus, you get to penalise people who have historically trespassed if you can identify them, by making them pay your hefty solicitors price tag.

For soggy derps and stuff like that no one is going to bother, but for abandoned power stations and buildings owned by Lloyds of London, well… discretion is probably better than rustling their jimmies.
Thanks that helps, I think that lot on the list are in for a shock.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Thanks that helps, I think that lot on the list are in for a shock.

all.jpg

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Didnt they put one of them orders on some derpy mill up North? cant remember which one but must work to an extent cos I havent seen anything from it for ages

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Didnt they put one of them orders on some derpy mill up North? cant remember which one but must work to an extent cos I havent seen anything from it for ages

I think I remember that.

It's the same thing as what Lloyds did to the rooftoppers in London who were whoring everything out on Instagram without a care in the world, which left the cretins like Ally Law and his cohorts facing the legal bills as they were named on the injunction.

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member

There are loads of them! Just wang "Alistair Law Injunction" into google and you'll be able to find and read through loads of final Orders from some of the more high profile ones. It's amazing how many places he (and his buddies) has/have managed to get themselves band from. He is ginger, so his chances of becoming a dad are low, but I kinda hope he manages it (with out having to resort to roofie-ing someone), because the conversations with his kids when they're older will be awesome.

"Can we go to Lgeoland, Dad - please-please-please, can we"
"Ah, no sorry, son"
"Why"
"Well, when I was younger I thought I was edgy, but actually I was a bit of a twat"
"Oh. Can we go to Sea Land then, I like the sea"
"Erm, nope, sorry son. You see, when I was younger, I was actually quite a lot of a twat."
"Alton Towers?"
"Sorry, son"
"How about the London Eye!!!???"
"Yep. that's a no, too".
"Blackpool Tower?"
"Massive Twat, son. I was a massive twat."

Who has read this thread (Total: 457) View details