real time web analytics
Hello | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hello

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sarahlouzz

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello from a cold and windy Stafford in Staffordshire. I was wondering how you guys find funky places to visit. I am looking at Staffordshire at the moment but have no clue how to find places to visit ☹️
I’m respectful and want to just explore on my days off from work ( nhs nurse ) but no idea where to start.
Any comments appreciated and i know this makes me look stupid not knowing where to start but you guys seem like a good bunch to ask. Thanks for reading

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome Sarahlouzz. A good starting point is to search the reports on here (see search box top right). Here you can see what has already been explored and whether it takes your fancy. Then there's the joys of Google Maps for trying to locate new places. This is a VERY useful tool. I also use old maps quite a lot - the National Library of Scotland has a fab digitised map resource you can use for free. Then, of course, there's just getting out there and driving around (if you have access to a car) and see what you can find!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hello from a cold and windy Stafford in Staffordshire. I was wondering how you guys find funky places to visit. I am looking at Staffordshire at the moment but have no clue how to find places to visit ☹️
I’m respectful and want to just explore on my days off from work ( nhs nurse ) but no idea where to start.
Any comments appreciated and i know this makes me look stupid not knowing where to start but you guys seem like a good bunch to ask. Thanks for reading

searching is the only answer, searching here as @HughieD says, then just try searching google maps. it takes time but u can find loads of stuff that looks suspicious, then its about putting the time in on the ground checking places.
dont be fooled for ever 1 decent place posted an explorer will of checked dozens that are no good or not abandoned at all.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the forum, plenty of stuff in your area use the search button on here and just driving round too is a good way to find places. Loads in stoke and some nice mills in leek.

LeDeaks

28DL Member
28DL Member
Not stupid at all. I am in Staffs too, love exploring but don’t really know where to start