real time web analytics
Report - - Hempsted GPSS Oil Depot - Gloucester - October 2020 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hempsted GPSS Oil Depot - Gloucester - October 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gunsnrosies

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just wanted to echo what's been said already really, and thank Mook, Grom and Oort for a cracking day out.
A lot of my photos sadly got corrupt from this day, so unfortunately all I have left is below. Nothing on the standard of Grom, and certainly not worth writing a third report about, so I'll tag them onto the bottom of here if that's alright with everyone :D

@Gunsnrosies I'm heading back here with Grom sometime in the next week or so to replace some of my lost photos. I'm sure you'd be welcome to join us if you want?

P1040631.jpg

P1040629.jpg

P1040628.jpg

P1040625.jpg

P1040618.jpg

All the best...
Thanks I would really like to come if nobody else would mind?!
Just let me know a day/time and I’ll be there :-)

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Jack430T - Quite possibly mine, yes, well found! Didn't even noticed I'd lost it. Let me check when I get home tonight and I'll let you know.

@Grom - Thanks chap.

@Gunsnrosies - Once Grom and I know which day we're going back, we'll let you know.

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
VERY interested in checking this out. Looks like an interesting and atmospheric explore and some cool history. Thanks for posting!

Is this a wellies or a waders job do you think?

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
VERY interested in checking this out. Looks like an interesting and atmospheric explore and some cool history. Thanks for posting!

Waders if you want to see the pump room. That's 2-3ft underwater.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User

Wellies are needed for the storage tank as its a few inches deep. Waders are needed for the empty pump room although you can get a little way into the room with only wellies.

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
I'd guess that the water would have got a little deeper with the recent bad weather. But mooks bang on, the big tank is only 6-8 inches deep, so wellies are absolutely fine. However the concrete on one edge is cracking and water was coming in, so I'd imagine the levels will only get higher!

Jack430T

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Unfortunately I had no wadders at the time, my walking boots were completely submerged in the main tank. The pump room was a shock to the system shall we say.. Especially wadding through in shorts! All part of the fun!

IMG_20201119_140428.jpg

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wellies are needed for the storage tank as its a few inches deep. Waders are needed for the empty pump room although you can get a little way into the room with only wellies.

I'd guess that the water would have got a little deeper with the recent bad weather. But mooks bang on, the big tank is only 6-8 inches deep, so wellies are absolutely fine. However the concrete on one edge is cracking and water was coming in, so I'd imagine the levels will only get higher!

Thanks guys! I've asked Santa for an early present should lockdown be lifted enough before Christmas to have a ganders.

Sn4le

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Headed there this week. Access is pretty straight forward but looks like it’s being developed on sooner than later. Application for 92 homes stamped to the front and heras fencing around everything.

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Headed there this week. Access is pretty straight forward but looks like it’s being developed on sooner than later. Application for 92 homes stamped to the front and heras fencing around everything.
Last year the Heras fencing went as far as the edge of the tank farm and pump house. Are you saying there is even more of it?

50419112421_7dc629885c_4k.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 402) View details