real time web analytics
Report - - Hepworth Refractories, Loxley - Nov. 2008 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hepworth Refractories, Loxley - Nov. 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MeowMix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I haven't had much chance to get out and explore places after moving to Sheffield a few months ago. Hopefully that will change now as I'm getting to know the area better :)

Hepworth refractory used to manufacture clay products until it closed in the mid 90s. Some of the surrounding buildings are still used, and the area is popular with walkers. There is also a security cabin at one end. We didn't get around all of it, there's still a lot more to see. In some places there are even two sets of builder's fences, one around the perimiter and another attached to the building walls. All of them have Bovis homes signs attached, though there is no sign of building work yet.

3014236612_a55e69e2d4_o.jpg

3014235868_95f650b8de_o.jpg

3013399483_1b8b78ce3b_o.jpg

3014237840_24357c7f94_o.jpg

3013400887_b950471795_o.jpg

Shhhh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like a good day out. give me your email. I have a few places worth a look.

M

muckyminer

Quite probably wrong, but wasn't this used as a location in the film 'Brassed Off'?

X

xchipx

Sorry to bring back a slightly older thread.
Im new here and thought id just add an old picture i have. I used to ride my bike in the buildings, peace and quiet and no chavs.
My friend knew the security guard too.
I dont really recognise the pictures you posted, perhaps they are the buildings further down ? Part of the site we got in ( its all fenced up ) is probably 3/4 of a mile long , probably 1/8 mile wide.
Here is a tall building, with very very smooth floor. looks like its been used for airsoft as there are little balls everywhere. It joins onto many other rooms with machines etc.
We found a locker room. Still a few lockers locked. Inside, packs of fags and dozens of wageslips. I even found a £5er and a knife lol.
Sorry for the camera phone pic, its a couple of years old too.

DSC00177.jpg