real time web analytics
Report - - Heron Tower, London - January '10 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Heron Tower, London - January '10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Visited with Bubblehead and God.

We headed down to London on a mini-adventure, meeting up with friends old and new for some afternoon drinks and discussions before everyone disembarked in different directions to do epic shit.

Our list was reasonably small, as we only really headed down with tourist attractions in mind. This was number 2 on the list, and it's undoubtedly the most exhilarating, and cold, place I have ever been.

Heron Tower - Wikipedia

It's a bit hard to describe just how many stairs are involved in a building over 600 feet tall, with 47 floors. But it's alot, with the top wedge of floors still housing temporary scaffolding staircases, leading up to unfinished floors which really don't feel too stable when you have gale force-like winds hitting you from all directions.

As they're a big part of the building I thought I'd start with some shots of the stairs.

1.jpg

Anti-death net. It worked.

2.jpg

The top plant floors.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Massive shout out to all who conquered it in the past, and those we spoke to regarding it on the day.​

HPaul

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow. Great stuff! 44 highest I've ever been and damn, I needed two breaks to get up top. Very nice report and photos! Thank you