real time web analytics
Report - - High Peak College, Harpur Hill, Buxton Apr 10 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High Peak College, Harpur Hill, Buxton Apr 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is our second attempt writing a report for this site as our last one went down like a lead balloon! So no Photoshop filters, and lots of internal pictures.................:thumb

Soooo a bit of history, University of Derby College, Buxton is located on Harpur Hill in Buxton, Derbyshire!
Despite not being from Buxton myself as previously suggested, i did study an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing here between 2002-2004 so particularly enjoyed this visit as i was more than familiar with the site!
The Campus closed in 2006 when they moved to the Devonshire campus in the centre of Buxton.

Some of the subjects offered at the college included art and design, languages, CAD, electronics, motor vehicle studies, catering, beauty therapy, and hair dressing.

Unfortunately it was quite smashed up by time we got to visit and the site has now been demolished.
All that remains is the sports and leisure facilities that are still in use by University of Derby sports students and have recently been refurbished.

I believe the site has history as an Army camp but i can't find anything about this, don't suppose any locals can let me know?

This was the kitchen where food was prepared for the college canteen

DSCF5913.jpg

The Student Accomodation

DSCF5968.jpg

DSCF5970.jpg

DSCF5972.jpg

Motor Vehicle Studies

DSCF5963.jpg

Hair and Beauty

DSCF5923.jpg

DSCF5930.jpg

DSCF5927.jpg