real time web analytics
Report - - High Royds Lunatic Asylum - 04/12/07 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High Royds Lunatic Asylum - 04/12/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Visited with Disco Kitten and Pixielulu.

Well this was depressing.

Not because of the pikey damage. Not because of the conversion taking place.

Why? Because of the complete un-stealth of so-called explorers. Parking outside the access point. Torches everywhere. Blatantly walking around in clear view of everyone on the site. It was just so wrong. No wonder the way in is called the 'disabled access'. (I know I did these things but WTF did it matter, when I was approached in the converted area and asked by an 'explorer' if I was from 28days)

So first the mortuary. Underwhelming. There's been so many photos of it I suppose. And a lot of photoshopping.

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Moving inside...

IMG_1458.jpg

This corridor last year, we had to crawl along it to avoid being seen...

IMG_3338.jpg

Some corridor shots...

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

Cells...

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

The view up a tower...

IMG_1491.jpg

Hmmm drugs...

IMG_1494.jpg

Then we were in for a treat, proper psycho mental cells.

The view from inside one...

IMG_1498.jpg

Wipe clean walls, plastic windows and mirrors. And in the door, in between the glazing, a miniature venetian blind...

IMG_1501.jpg

The interview room...

IMG_1516.jpg

My favourite place...

IMG_2792.jpg

Anyway, by the time we finished here, the light was fading, so we took a mooch into admin. Met several groups of people - Winchester and Co., and The Loon and Co., then made our way out.

Remember people, there's people want to visit after you. Why act with impunity, making yourselves so obvious, and leaving crucial entry points open?

PS a link to a report from the same time last year...

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5137

Last edited: