real time web analytics
Report - - High Royds, Lunatic Asylum-March 15 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High Royds, Lunatic Asylum-March 15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

FatPanda

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
High Royds
Hi guys
so this is one that is close to home for me and one that to be honest for a while I believed to have been completely knocked down till it resurfaced on OS.
Visited a few times with Raztafarian.
History
The hospital is located within in Leeds and was first opened on 8 October 1888 as the West riding pauper lunatic asylum. The hospital closed in 2003 and the site has since been developed for residential use, some of which is in the old hospital buildings.
Also my grandad used to deliver meat to high royds and has told me some really intereting storys of how they would pull out patients teeth to stop them trying to bite people pretty grim if you ask me.
Only a short one but anyway enjoy...

royds%202_zpsj8e8gnuv.jpg

royds%204_zpso0vgatbg.jpg

royds%203_zpsfrubw9c5.jpg

royds%201_zpsfqdxwx3f.jpg

royds5_zpsct8jrb4w.jpg

DSC01640_zpsofndruqi.jpg

Thanks

DubExplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good report panda, love the look of the clock tower cant wait to get myself back there at some point. :thumb

FatPanda

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
thanks mate and its not too bad off tbh alot of work starting on it thogh :(

FatPanda

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah its really the only bit left everything else has been converted or knocked down unfortunately would have loved to have seen the morgue and the rest :( but thanks :)

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
I love these lunatic asylums - don't you too @tumbles ? So mental, such asylum

EDIT: whoever made that change - legend.
Lunatic Asylum, Lunatic Asylum, Lunatic Asylum, Lunatic Asylum

Last edited:

Joshuwaa

28DL Member
28DL Member
Does anyone know the status of this building, still accessible? thinking of checking a few places out soon. Cheers!

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details