real time web analytics
Report - - Hilton Hotel Construction Site - Bournemouth - March 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hilton Hotel Construction Site - Bournemouth - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MrKeogh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A local explore in my home town. The Hilton Hotel construction site and is in full operation, making it even more fun!

There isn't anything that I can find on the internet about people being on this site, and I cant see why. This site is so impressive. It boasts 3 blocks which are up to 13 storeys high. Details of the build are:

"The landmark scheme designed by Cube in association with White Ink Architects, consists of a 13-storey 172-bedroom 4-star full brand Hilton Hotel with 14 exclusive residential apartments above, in addition to an 8-storey 120-bedroom Hampton by Hilton and 45 apartments with a 224-space, 3-storey deep, underground car park and associated landscaping. Work is scheduled to complete in Summer 2015.

Block A 172 bedroom 4 star Hilton with 14 residential flats above
Block B 120 bedroom Hampton by Hilton
Block C 45 penthouse apartments with 224 space underground car park and landscaping"

This information has been taken directly from the contractors website. (http://www.mcaleer-rushe.co.uk/proje...t-bournemouth/)

Anyway, onto the photos...

Looking at block A and the crane:

16733426317_4f0e773503_b.jpg

16939444112_3483c56f4b_b.jpg

(oops, you're a bit wonky)

The view from the 11th storey of block A (on the top of the middle part):

16753316200_2e73661c22_b.jpg

16320700163_abe6fce69d_b.jpg

16753313110_3eb2f627b3_b.jpg

(what is the rule of thirds?)

On storey 13 (right on the end of block A):

16754549989_bc3b47779d_b.jpg

16318359634_495c7275bd_b.jpg

(On reflection this image would have been far superior using flash)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good effort, I've just approved this, may I draw your attention to this >
(On reflection this image would have been far superior using flash)

flash tastics in a secured building site is never a good idea, think about it ;)

MrKeogh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That was the whole reason I didn't use flash in the first place; I probably should have cleared that up before I sounded like a moron :banghead

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
^ haha, fair enough, you sound like you have yer head screwed on, welcome aboard :thumb

MrKeogh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After finally working out how to link images *DOH* :turd

Cheers to both of you

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
It only took me an hour and a half :p

Funnily enough I've had a few people say they are struggling with the new thread editor, even the RTF version is a faff, I'll see if there is an alternative, myself and @Oxygen Thief are constantly striving to make the place easier to use for everyone

MrKeogh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think it was me being stupid and being used to other formats of linking in images more than the fault of the forum. Good job guys :thumb

Skers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pictures look awesome, loving the view of Lower Gardens and the balloon. Are you planning on going again? I'm up for checking that site out.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrKeogh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I haven't got an explore of it planned. Access isn't hard and there seems to be nobody there at night (except for Saturdays). The only worrying thing is that there have been lights on in the middle block (which now seems to be complete) and the gas also seemed to be on, we thought there could potentially be workers staying there. The block which we explored also seems to be progressing very quickly. If you need any information you can always give me a message.

Skers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It looks nicer from up there than it does on the floor :D
Still have more posts to make before they give me permissions for private messages. Moved to Bournemouth in September (first year of uni here), ever want to go exploring around Dorset then let me know.